You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New member, NON-owner...yet

Just joined Newell guru's today. We are strongly considering building a new Newell coach as we have been talking to a salesman at their location in Indio, CA. We toured two new coaches and found both to be beautiful. I have been reading extensively about Prevost coaches thinking we would order one of those. We toured the Newell factory and the Marathon factory about a year and a half ago.

I kept thinking about Newell and there are several things that started to sway me. First, the larger engine, 600 hp vs. 500 in the Prevost. I like having window awnings for privacy and shade (generally not seen on a Prevost). I also like the option of a mid-entry door but I have one problem with it. If the bay door behind the entry door is open, the entry door will get stuck or damaged. If I were outside and open the bay door for some reason and someone wants to come outside, I see a problem. So, I'm wondering if I should stick with a front entry. I thought it would be nice to come out under an awning as the front doors don't have any cover (if raining).

Mr.Mark

Welcome to the Gurus!! The mid entry is my favorite. It really cuts down on the traffics thru the salon when your in and out for goodies. I don't think you'll fine the door an issue but a asset.

Jimmy

The bay you are concerned about has a mercury switch which prevents the Bode (mid entry) door from opening and closing when the front bay door is open. Newell would never build anything without addressing things just like this with a solution in some way, hence the mercury switch... I have had my mid entry coach for three years and love it. The 1,1/2 baths is also a must for fulltiming.....Welcome to the Guru's and hope to add you to my list for another gathering of Guru's this summer.......

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Welcome.. I have only had mid entries and am looking at a front entry for my next coach.. The best thing about Newell.. Is customer service.. They build them from scratch and there is not a system on the coach they don't know inside and out.. Nobody else in the industry can say that.. Thank you Newell service.. You guys are the best..looking for number 4 or a number in the 700's...lololol

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Thank you for the info. The salesman didn't mention the Mercury switch as I don't think he has been asked that question before. Certainly a nice guy but I'm quirky with silly questions and I try to think everything through. If we order today, the coach will not be ready until December and will be a 2016 model.

MM.

There are no silly questions... Maybe another trip to the mother ship would be I'm order. They will answer all and show all.

Jimmy

WELCOME, My first two motor homes were front entry and were not Newell. I am now on my third Newell's which have all been mid entry. I prefer the mid entry by far. They are several safety system that protect you from getting lock out or in. Manual releases inside on out keep this from happening. Newell sales, service and quality is the best in the industry and second to none. If you want the best Newell is the one.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Welcome Mark to a great source of answers. Good luck in your search to find and build your perfect coach. I too like to look at all alternatives and options available. It tends to limit things you think were mistakes later. I have the build and option sheet from my coach and the number of things to consider is enormous. Every one that I have spoke with who have designed and built their Newell report that the experience was wonderful.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

You may want to consider a "show coach" when available as I have considered. They are all done a bit differently and only missing any special needs you may want. Newell will modify these show coaches for you too o the interior or added equipment. If you are in the South, Brian Pitts is Newell's man. He is a knowledgeable guy who will get you all the straight answers and treat you like your business is important.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Mark

Glad to see you found us. I remember a number of your comments over the years on the. If rv forum , and I think you'll fit right in with this crowd.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )