You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Name is Jeff, looking at Newell

(06-23-2023, 07:59 AM)kaptain Wrote:  
(06-21-2023, 04:21 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  Thanks all for the welcome, we have put a contingent offer on the 98 Newell. 
I believe it’s #490, and it’s located in Anna, Tx. 

Is there anyone in the Dallas area that would not mind taking a look at it for us? No worries if not, we are working out the details and we may just fly out so I can inspect it myself. 
Overall it seems that it has been well kept, I believe that it has been sitting for a bit due to the owner having health issues. 

It’s a single bath, we liked the bath and a half models but we have not seen that many for sale and the ones we did see where not where we wanted to be budget wise.
This is a non slide coach, which I am happy about. I am not a big fan of slides, the other half would have like to have slides. 

Too bad that there is no documentation. I guess since they are still in business they are trying to get folks to come back to get service from them? Or maybe they just did not keep the documentation? I would definitely like to visit the Newell factory one day, I would have also have loved to see the Wanderlodge factory when it was still open. 

Here is the link to it:
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1998-Ne...5022812559

I am in Greenville TX, not too far from Anna TX.
If you need a company to view #490, please feel free to pm/email me.
But I am no expert on coach inspections, so my view may not be much help.
I bought #701 just a little over a year ago, and I am still learning myself.

Appreciate it Joe, we are still working things out and will come to a decision on what we are going to do. I am thinking just about flying out to inspect it myself, there is nothing like looking at something in person for yourself. I will keep you in mind.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

So just getting some things figured out and one thing is the tires, as many have suggested we are planning to have the tires replaced for the ride home. What is the consensus for the load range for the tires on a 2000 for the 11R24.5, G or H? I do not see a tag in the pictures they sent us with the tire inflation and ratings. BTW what kind of weight are we talking about? Wanderlodges are heavy, so I am used to them, my 40' PT weighs in at 42,000lbs.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

Go for it, Jeff. I have added flooring to a few Newell’s- nice coaches

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

(06-23-2023, 05:07 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  
(06-23-2023, 07:59 AM)kaptain Wrote:  I am in Greenville TX, not too far from Anna TX.
If you need a company to view #490, please feel free to pm/email me.
But I am no expert on coach inspections, so my view may not be much help.
I bought #701 just a little over a year ago, and I am still learning myself.

Appreciate it Joe, we are still working things out and will come to a decision on what we are going to do. I am thinking just about flying out to inspect it myself, there is nothing like looking at something in person for yourself. I will keep you in mind.

Since I purchased coach 701, many work already been done. What’s left are needs specialties which no local shop can do - slide seal replacement. So I have to wait until I have time to travel to Newell factory. Right now I just have too much other things to take care so the coach has to sit and wait. 
Feel free to contact me know if there’s anything I could be any assistance.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

H, the front axle will push the weight limits. The tag will be way under, but why mix load ranges of tires.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-24-2023, 06:25 PM)Richard Wrote:  H, the front axle will push the weight limits. The tag will be way under, but why mix load ranges of tires.

Thanks Richard. I thought that would be the case. Yes I will go with the same load range, its always good to be able to swap tires around if need be.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

Find out if the coach is running 24.5 11Rs on the front, or 22.5 315s. I don’t think it was upgraded to 365s which take a different stud and rim.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-24-2023, 05:32 AM)Ernie Wrote:  Go for it, Jeff. I have added flooring to a few Newell’s- nice coaches

Thanks Ernie, have been looking at LXi's and WB's but just have not found one that suits us.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

(06-25-2023, 07:31 AM)Richard Wrote:  Find out if the coach is running 24.5 11Rs on the front, or 22.5 315s. I don’t think it was upgraded to 365s which take a different stud and rim.

I am guessing they would have changed them to help with the load capacity or ride quality in the front? I will have them check and see if they are 11R's all the way around. 
So when they went to 365 I guess you are saying they went to hub centered wheels instead of budd wheels?

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

Load range H at a minimum. I got talked into running some "G" range tires by a roadside service truck and then a TA service center. NEVER again. They had strange wear patterns, rubber started to granulate when driving in the extreme AZ heat in summer and they had poor handling drive characteristics. I have gone with load range "H" on the last 2 sets of tires. The difference is night and day. I will NEVER put anything less than "H" on the coach again. Running 11R 24.5 all the way around. I'm getting 4 new tires every 3 years for steer & tag axles. Old steer & tags go to drive axles for another 3 years.