You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HCV Replacement

It is confusing. Confusing to the point that the mothership service tells folks those don’t work on a Newell.

For anyone installing, my suggestion is to pipe it up, and test the valve mechanism by moving the actuation arm to simulate the coach being high and low before completing the install.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Totally agree with Richard on this one. When I installed mine I figured that if the box says right it goes on the right side. But NO its the other way around on mine. Pipe it up and move the arms or you will be doing it again. JMO

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

Adjusted the ride height this morning and found the upper limit of "slipping between the drive and tag wheels".  At 6'6" and 260 lbs..... I can get between the wheels but to contort in a way to adjust the length of the HCV rods....that ain't happening.  So I jacked, the axle up, de-mounted only the outer wheel, adjusted the HCV rod, remounted the outer wheel and torqued the wheel nuts.  Done both sides in the fashion all within 2 1/2 hours.  Otherwise, I would have spent that long fighting just the one side.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Oh NO! First your arms are twice as long as mine, so I know this will work. The technique is to slip the grommet off the ball joint on the drive axle and pull the lever arm to you, then you can reach the rubber P to make the adjustment.

Well you got your workout in this morning.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Oh yes, my arms are twice a long as yours and did try as you described just not able to make it happen for whatever reason. Wished I could as I'd rather not have to pull wheels for the morning workout...lol

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I have mudflaps bolted to a steel tube frame between the dual rears. I can't get in between mine for a roadside emergency... I am not sure when they did away with that.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312