You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

amana fridge replacement

Steve,
This is a derivative of the model we are looking at.  We like a flush front with no ice/dispenser.  This particular model fits our opening exactly double check measurements of your opening......RF24R7201SR.  In this video look at the lifting handles that lock the freezer and flex space.  With some creative metal working one could make a lock tabs for the french doors kinda like the Amana that came from Newell with. https://youtu.be/NTX98U5wumQ

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

so had a repair person come out  actually 2 of them. fridge going to  come out tomorrow. Going to be a full replacement due to price to repair verse replacing is only about 300.00. 
If anyone needs parts/drawers/other pieces for this fridge let me know. send me a PM.  If anyone else know what counter depth fridge will go in this coach let me know, otherwise investigation begins and I will let everyone know on our outcome.

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

(07-27-2023, 02:17 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  Steve,
This is a derivative of the model we are looking at.  We like a flush front with no ice/dispenser.  This particular model fits our opening exactly double check measurements of your opening......RF24R7201SR.  In this video look at the lifting handles that lock the freezer and flex space.  With some creative metal working one could make a lock tabs for the french doors kinda like the Amana that came from Newell with. https://youtu.be/NTX98U5wumQ

As a side note about Samsung Refrigerators, to put in your memory banks.....Be on the lookout for late model Samsungs that either the Freezer section is not freezing or the fridge section is not cooling properly.  One section is working properly but the other is not....they are known to have a bad batch of evaporator fans (either section) very easy replacement for $125.  You might find someone that wants to get rid of it and not mess with fixing it for some reason.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thank you guys for all the info. I have given away all the spare parts off the old fridge to a few users on the site..  but for all you guys out there needing to replace your old 2 door amana fridge. Here is a great fit. Fits right in the hole , you have to take that locking board off the top but after you get it in just crank up the wheels and it will stay in place with the header board ( we added a few small braces to the bottom).   WHIRLPOOL  MODEL # WRS571CIHZOO.  WATER AND ICE IN DOOR, COUNTERDEPTH, STAINLESS, AND PULLS LESS AMPS. Just a fyi for anyone looking to have to do it. And if you take the doors off it will fit right thru the side door.

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

Adam, thanks for the follow up and the info.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just a note since you went with a whirlpool, on our unit you can turn it off by pressing the power button on the front door for 3 seconds BUT if you have a power interruption or unplug shore power and plug it back in it will come on automatically not good if your rig is in storage and leave the door open.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I have the fixed bench dinette across from the mid entry door.  I can't remove the bench on the dinette because the basement air evaporator unit is in it.  I can cut the old Amana in half to get it out but not sure if a simliar size new fridge will make this turn.

Frank Aragona, 1994 Newell 45’ Coach, 8V92

Hi Frank,

Straight or curved steps?

Have you taken the doors off the Amana? They have to come off, and same with new fridge going in.

Rather than get in a bind holding a refrigerator, if you are concerned, make a full size mockup with cardboard and practice.

Last resort is take out passenger windshield and use that opening.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Got any pictures Frank?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas