You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Member, Considering Coach #682 (2004)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes, thank you Bill for the detailed list, I did call them and unfortunately this RV hasn't been back to any Newell service center since 2012 and the last time any parts were ordered from Newell was 2013. I also found out the RV has only had about 60 miles put on it since 2017 so its been sitting a lot.

Much to think about before a decision is made.

Any of you think this might still be worth it, or should I maybe reconsider?

Hi Aaron and significant other,
After pestering several on this forum and finding two PO (prior owners) thru this forum as well, I bought our coach this past February. It too had not been to Miami (Newell) since 2013, so I had Prevost do a chassis inspection for me, mainly because they were nearby and there are similarities in the chassis. I flew from Virginia to SanFransico and drove for 4 days and 4000miles home without a hickup. I even visited Tom but didn't get a decoder ring so I feel very left out now Huh .

In addition to the great advise you've already been given have to echo several points
This group is full of amazing people
This forum has tremendous info available
Type AND in between words in the search bar, example slide AND seal
Newells are awesome machines

Best of luck in your new adventures

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Aaron, 

Sending you a PM.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just incase another potential buyer of this specific coach falls upon my post, or appears from several people who have seen this that it is not in good shape and not advertised correctly.

I personally will be avoiding this situation but, I think I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled for another 2000-2005 model hopefully before December, I really appreciate the tight nitch group yall got here and I genuinely couldn't imagine being apart of any other motorhome community.

Welcome to the group,  Aaron!  I've probably been on this site for 4+ years.  This is the BEST group of helpful gurus who have generally walked every road of Newell ownership before you have.  Don't be too discouraged about the coach that was not well maintained.  There will be others available.  My wife and I finally settled on a coach that was something that worked for how my wife and I would use it and was in a price range that made sense for us.  Having had 2 motorhomes and a trailer previously, a Newell has been in my sights for quite some time after a test drive back in 2006 where we unfortunately couldn't come to terms on a deal.

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28'