You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rebuilding Six packs

(10-31-2023, 05:07 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Great news Steve. Our system works perfect but its been tampered with more than once by someone other than me, it actually scares me looking at the panel with all wires than been pulled from the grommets and plugged in from the front, I will tackle this some day while we are here but seen something Gordon (bestgenman) has done which would make rebuild much easier, he moved his 6 pack to the bulkhead inside the HWH compartment. This would certainly save a meal of dirt and grime like I ate when I rebuilt the front one.

Yes Sir it is great news.  Speaking of control box, I took your picture and annotated a great hint from a very wise Newell Owner that we both know:-).  It really makes it easy to check your fuses for each of the solenoids and check you logic lights at the same time. 

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

So Steve leave it alone? On another note there are some great gearheads here at the no rally rally, I get to look at other people's ideas and modifications and it really is beneficial to making our coaches better all around. I was hoping a few more Florida guys would have shown up. Smile

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(10-31-2023, 06:58 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  So Steve leave it alone? On another note there are some great gearheads here at the no rally rally, I get to look at other people's ideas and modifications and it really is beneficial to making our coaches better all around. I was hoping a few more Florida guys would have shown up. Smile

We would have loved to been there this year on our Fall round Robin trip that we had planned however, other things took precedent this year.  Perhaps next year.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

While we are talking six pack manifolds and concerning the check valve(s). Are the check valves a known leaking spot and are they able to be rebuilt?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Check valves ? Are you referring to the internal check valve in the six pack manifold?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

From the drawing they appear to be internal but there must be a way to service them. 
.pdf Six Pack.pdf Size: 15.99 KB  Downloads: 20

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL