You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide seal replacement ???’s

Lonestar,
We were out to Newell a couple of months ago. My salon slide seal rolled in so we went there to have them fix the problem. Their estimate was a few hundred dollars to reset the seal if it still held air. Which it did. If they had to replace the seal it would be a few thousand more. I tossed the paper I had my notes on so I'm working from memory. I think my upper limit cost in my mind was $4,500.
Important note: I used Gorilla Duct Tape to seal the slide from any rain that might occur (which we had Florida Monsoons on the way). This tape is very strong and thick. When Newell pulled the tape off it also pulled off some of the original paint. Yes it was all original after all of these years. The saloon slide seal has paint on it so could this be an original slide seal? I don't know that answer.
Since this emergency trip to OK I have found two resources for reseating the slide seals. One is a company here in Florida and another Guru told me he could show me how to do it without removing the slide.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

I missed several replies on this thread. I have used the coach all winter prior to replacing the seals and now it is a must. I just sealed the exterior on the 2 slides with damaged seals. Subsequently the two flat-floor slides are the two that are needing full replacement. The above floor slides both seal nicely and don’t seem to have any issues. 
I would love to know any other resources to replace these. I will also call Newell and see what they’re timing and rough estimate of cost is.