You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Detroit Engine Labels

So. If you use a wire tracer, you may be able to find the module. Since the DDEC II isnt activating the jake then throtte position has to be involved in some way. look at the throttle pedal and the throttle on the engine for a limit switch

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I haven't wandered too much on the inside of the coach. I do know which wire comes from the back so I can separate that one and tone the other 3 wires at the relay.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

It’s hard for me to believe that they are not using some signal from the DDEC for the zero throttle. It may not be the engine brake output maybe there is another output. I will look through my DDEC II docs tonight and see if I can find anything that they might be using for the actuation of the jakes. The jakes module I know of still gets it signal from the DDEC ECM.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

It’s possible the relay is junk too. I will test it later to rule it out. So far one of four solenoids was dead and I replaced it. All four click when I apply power with a test lead.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312