You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

VALID 4-SLIDE MANIFOLD BLOCK

This manifold started leaking around the valve when wiggled.  I was told this is an issue with the O-Ring, but I didn't have any time to dig into finding a new one as we were on the road. I got a replacement from Valid and then, when I got home, I gave this one a breakdown. I cleaned the ports, inspected and lubed the o-ring, then reassembled.

IT HAS NOT BEEN TESTED for leaks. But, I have a feeling the clean and lube did the trick. But others have said to just get a new o-ring. At any rate, I'm not gonna throw this nice piece of machining in the trash, so let's get it into a needy new owner!

Just give me an offer to cover some shipping and it'll be on the way!

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

You are going to be in so much trouble if the boss sees the baking mat used for parts………….

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Had a friend with a '15 Newell and the same air manifold. Three of the five air lines leaked. Replaced the push in fittings with DOT compression fittings and all leaks gone. Also replaced the valve with a metal valve.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I had to replace mine last year after an extreme cold spell.  Luckily, it was still covered under the two year used coach warranty from Newell.

Rob
2016 Newell #1536

Richard...you're a crackup...I may let me wife use my parts mat some day!

Yes, Steve...not a FRIGGIN CHANCE I would use anything but DOT Compression Fittings whenever I can!

And, yah Rob, "shrinkage" in the cold is a REAL PROBLEM...especially for a Newell's air system! LOL

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA