You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Jake brake Hi/Low something fishy

Thanks Richard!! She's going in for service......oh joy

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

If you're not able to sort it out with your switch wiring you might have to start tracing and verifying your wiring and verifying that your solenoids are functioning properly. Here's a link to a DDEC III wiring diagram for a Jacobs Brake.

https://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com/sit...20358B.pdf

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

(02-29-2024, 02:09 PM)MrE Wrote:  If you're not able to sort it out with your switch wiring you might have to start tracing and verifying your wiring and verifying that your solenoids are functioning properly. Here's a link to a DDEC III wiring diagram for a Jacobs Brake.

https://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com/sit...20358B.pdf

Thanks   I dropped her at the mechanics today.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Update on tracking my jake issues, mechanic called today and said there was no continuity in the high side wiring to the ecm. He verified that the switch was sending the signal but somewhere in the forty five foot harness there is a break.

He decided to run a wire outside the coach to the front switch. I went to test drive the coach while he manned the computer. I now have stage one and two on the jake. We went down a stretch that has a 5% grade and I'm happy to report I didn't need to use the brakes at all!! Talk about a relief, now I won't be so excited after rerouting the wire so this can get buttoned up cause I'm sure the bill won't be very light LOL, LOL.

Thanks to all for your advise!

Steerable tag 
Allison trans