You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air tank drains

(03-13-2024, 07:28 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Here's the final draft on those two air tank drains. I have other issues with the coach not airing up past 30psi. Governor leaks air from the exhaust port. Swapped it out to get the same result. Air dryer bad? 2 years old.

Hmm if your governor is leaking via the exhaust that means you have enough pressure to overcome the spring in the governor. Perhaps there is a block somewhere. What kind of air dryer does your coach have? 
Sure you have all the correct ports being used on the governor, have to ask? Is the governor directly mounted on your air compressor?

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Governor is remote mounted and matched up to new with same ports used. I verified no blockage. Coach uses a Bendix AD-9. (I did reinstall my old yet working governor to have the same air loss.)

For giggles and the time of labor, I bought a replacement AD-9 and some new compression fittings. That area was cobbled together by the craptastic shop that overcharged me $7700 a couple years ago. Sure it worked but they used push on fittings on the large delivery lines and whatever was threaded on, was not very tight. I will rebuild and keep the AD-9 I removed as a spare.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312