You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

troubleshooting

dean, i thought something looked different and that is it. i have not seen any in either of my coaches.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

When I changed the floor on my '93 the plywood was all high quality stuff. Touring the factory there is no OSB in the new ones either.
Chappell is the OSB piece the hatch? If so it must have been removed at some time and replaced.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have seen OSB in several other places. In a couple of places under the coach like above the a/c there is OSB and above the drive shaft where some of the insulation has dropped a little,(I have plans to put the insulation back secure.) I really don't have that much problem with it. My roofer said it as strong or stonger than plywood???? It is there and Newell put it there. Seen it in too many places. Chappell

Forest, The plywood is the hatch. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Thinking about it the places I've seen OSB have been in places that aren't stress places. Above both A/C is the sofa. Above the drive shaft is the bed and this landing there is no weight on it. I don't know but have not had much problem with it. Am I wrong here? I don't really know, but I own a number of houses and seem to have one roofed every several year. I am getting ready to have my own house roofed and talked to him about putting plywood rather than OSB. It will be the same price, but he liked OSB because it lays flatter, so we are putting down OSB. OSB weights little more. I've noticed that lot of decking now they are using is 1X6 tongue and grove. They say it is cheaper but a little more labor cost. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

i wouldnt worry about osb at all. just found it interesting thats all

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Take out your A/C filters under your steps and take a look with a flashlight if you want to see what's under the floor. It's very interesting. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell, I had assumed our coaches were the same since I also have the same closets in the back. However, while the raised area between the bed and the rear closets is 38", my bed frame covers about 4" of the raised area. The photo you posted seems to show that your bed does not rest on any of the raised floor area. My bed is a king size and I wonder if yours is a king or queen. Also, I do not have a door next to the night stand, but I have an even higher floor next to the night stand. I suspect the trap door is more difficult to get to in my coach. Please post more photos when you open the trap door. I have posted a photo of this area in my coach.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,

Mine is a queen size.

I took the MH yesterday to have it repaired about 20 miles S. of where I live. I did not pull the hatch before taking it so I will not be there when it is pulled. There are 4 bolts holding it and they are taken out from under the floor, two on each side of the engine. To get to one some of the pipes that goes to the air cleaner will have to be removed. Newell also told me this. While in there I'm having the valves adj. and anything else done that needs to be done while it is open. The guy I took it to is suppose to be one of the best with diesel engines, highly recommended, so we will see. When I got there yesterday afternoon, he came out to meet me and the engine was still running, his first comment was the engine is running hard, sounds like it is out of timing. As I said we will see. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chester,

Here is a photo of the engine with the     door removed. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Thanks Chappell. Since my hatch must go under the bed by about four inches, does it look like the hatch can be cut in half to get mine out from under the bed?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica