You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black is Black

I ran the grey out with a water hose that I fitted to the drain cap. I left the valve open all the time which drained trough the water hose. This gave 160 gals of black storage. The lot was very large with lots of vegetation which consumes the water. The ground absorb the water with no problem. I never ask and was never told not to do so. I never hook up the sewer hose only the water hose.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

(08-01-2013, 09:04 AM)ron skeen Wrote:  I ran the grey out with a water hose that I fitted to the drain cap. I left the valve open all the time which drained trough the water hose. This gave 160 gals of black storage. The lot was very large with lots of vegetation which consumes the water. The ground absorb the water with no problem. I never ask and was never told not to do so. I never hook up the sewer hose only the water hose.

Exactly what I do Ron....no one complains

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Clarke,
I don't know if it is bad joojoo or what...While we where in Denver we were hooked to electric only...periodically we would dump and flush, and take on fresh water. During one of these trips to the dump station I noticed a liquid trail behind us...Initial investigation gave the appearance of a minor line leak between the FW tank and pump...We had not noticed it at the site as it was raining/drizzling, so no suspicion of a leak on wet groundhttp://newellgurus.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Since we had a rather hectic schedule and it appeared to be FW and the weather was not cooperating we waited until we got to Cheyenne, WY. While getting into the leak determination, I noticed some drip tracks down the side of the Black tank were the dual filters are mounted. This found liquid on top of the BT, but there did not seem to be any leaking at the FW line to the toilet. Then I looked down and noticed that the crossover drain line from the shower and kitchen sink, one of the fittings had slipped apart and leaked all over the top of the BT and down the sides. At least it was only gray water, but still a mess, it took several hours to pull stuff out of the bay, sop up, clean, dry, and disinfect. Apparently when my friend and I had redone the sewer/drain system quite a few years ago, one of us, while dry fitting the parts, had not glued this particular joint together. That is done now.

It was not a bad as your incident, however, I should not have snickered at your misfortune..."What goes around, comes around"....no more snickering on my watch!!!http://newellgurus.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Ki and Wyn Punilei
"Have Newell Will Travel"
'81 Newell "Winter Demo", 40', 6V92TA
'11 Honda CR-V
"Squeak the Feline Princess"