You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...


Water seperator fix on Conmet sight bowl.
#1

I have a water seperator on my 1984 Classic and wanted to replace the plastic bowl on the Conmet that was cracked so I made a new bottom.  I used some metal and tapped a new plug on the bottom and used a plasma cutting table to make perfect circle.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               

Ceasar & Anna Vasquez
1984 Newell 40' Classic #15
8V92TA 445 HP Big Grin
Allison HT740
Willows Ca
Reply
#2

Great job Caesar.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com
Reply
#3

Awesome mcgyver move. Just wondering if the replacement clear bowl is still available somewhere? I’m sure complete units are from other vendors.

Mike and Beth Magee ⚓
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)
Reply
#4

I too have the same generator fuel/water seperator. Has anyone replaced it with a modern unit? I would love to find a unicorn and do it with a "plug and play" without having to disturb and reroute or change fuel lines or fittings. ( Don't judge, I know I am lazy)  Smile

Guy & Sue Cobham
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1984 Classic 40' #59
Reply
#5

            Guy , I installed Hanlv separators last year,  sourced from ebay . Under $70 each , Parker knock off . At 180 gph flow they are overkill , especially for the generator. I like the replaceable filter , the Conmet units have no filtration. I'm afraid there have been no Unicorn sightings , the Hanlv is not a bolt on plug and play. I made a bracket to mount them and worked out the plumbing , not a huge deal as the ports are SAE .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)