You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Generator Mufflers/silencers

howdy,

i am trying to decide what muffler to put on the generator. i have one that has a rattle. i spent some time looking to do the same thing on my 90 and never reached a conclusion. the 90 has one uffler and it exits in front of the drivers side rear wheel.
my 02 has two mufflers and the exhaust exits through the roof after being combined with the exhaust for the aquahot.

i called newell and they were not sure what exhaust they used. but they were 51 bucks.

they gave me a part number that they thought was napa, but it wasnt. an A-3012, which if you do a google search does show under a round glasspack muffler. but my coach has a rectangular muffler (2).

i would love to quiet it down more.

i have tried to research differences between mufflers on gas and diesel engines. but not lots of info. other than a lot of people do straight through exhaust or glasspacks for diesel.

so....any of you have any wisdom to share on the genny mufflers?

there are cool silencers for diesels, but they are expensive and take up more room than i think i have to use.

thoughts?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
Generator Mufflers/silencers - by encantotom - 08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
RE: Generator Mufflers/silencers - by HoosierDaddy - 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Generator Mufflers/silencers - by encantotom - 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
RE: Generator Mufflers/silencers - by HoosierDaddy - 09-05-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: Generator Mufflers/silencers - by 360 - 10-25-2023, 12:48 PM