You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Adding a Second Roof Satellite Receiver

Okay here’s the deal. 

My current roof top satellite antenna, the Winegard in-motion Sat Ant supports two receivers. 
The primary receiver is dedicated to the front TV. In theory the bedroom receiver “should” allow a person to watch programming on the networks that use the same transmission satellite that the front receiver is tuned to but in reality it’s sketchy. Constant loss of signal notification, reset receiver, and so on...

Non the less, I’m planning on a second Sat Ant that folds for travel. Once parked it is directed to the southern sky. It can support three TVs. I’ve got TVs in the front, bedroom, and basement. 

My questions is:

What’s the best location and technique to bring new wires/cables into the coach from the roof. I can use the original Newell location but is anyone has done something else I’d be interested to hear about it. 

I know how to enter the rear cap and bring wires into the area where our electrical CB panel is located (in rear closet). 

I’ll spend the money time and effort so Kristi can watch her show...

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

Messages In This Thread
Adding a Second Roof Satellite Receiver - by jdkskyking - 10-03-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: Adding a Second Roof Satellite Receiver - by encantotom - 10-03-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: Adding a Second Roof Satellite Receiver - by jdkskyking - 10-03-2020, 06:55 PM
RE: Adding a Second Roof Satellite Receiver - by Richard - 10-03-2020, 07:16 PM
RE: Adding a Second Roof Satellite Receiver - by jdkskyking - 10-04-2020, 05:24 AM