You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6 pack leaking?

Yes, under your feet, just on the other side of the bulkhead where all the HWH goodies reside.

There are two bolts that hold the six pack to the bulkhead. I like to take them loose and pull the six pack out for better access. Take the time if you do that to replace the bolts with a threaded stud. That way when you bolt it back to the bulkhead, all you have to do is put the studs through the holes and put the nuts on. Otherwise you are trying to line up the holes and thread the bolts. Unless you have 9 ft long arms and your eyes are on extendable stems, it’s finicky.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Will do, thanks Richard! Wish we had a thumbs up on these posts.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I might have not chosen my description carefully. The front bulkhead for that compartment is moe accurate

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I replace all the poppet valve's in the front 6 pack, its my opinion that they have never been changed, it was not that hard a job but if I was at home I would have removed the body and used my ultrasonic cleaner. The pressure switches could have had 1" more wire then I wouldn't have had to disconnect them. Looking at these photos You can see that 3 of the six poppets are shiny and 3 are not, two of the dirty ones came from the travel up and down valves, also you can see that one of them has been leaking by as it has a crud built up on the valve. All the poppets where hard as a rock so they needed replaced. Also the poppet valve body on one had some wear marks from the spring. Strange....

Thanks Tom!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

jack, you are welcome. for everyone else, i order these parts in batches and i am down to my last handful of kits until i reorder. they are taking several months for me to get more parts. so let me know if anyone needs any. jack, i just got a 30L ultrasonic cleaner that i am using to clean up part on a tokheim 39 short gas pump. i actually put one of the brass bodies into clean it just yesterday and it does clean them up nicely.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(02-15-2023, 12:17 PM)encantotom Wrote:  jack, you are welcome.  for everyone else, i order these parts in batches and i am down to my last handful of kits until i reorder.  they are taking several months for me to get more parts.  so let me know if anyone needs any.  jack, i just got a 30L ultrasonic cleaner that i am using to clean up part on a tokheim 39 short gas pump.  i actually put one of the brass bodies into clean it just yesterday and it does clean them up nicely. 

tom

I would like to buy several sets of the 6-pack repair kit. Because I think I have air leaks as the 110v compressor in the front kicks in frequently when coach is sitting.
How many do I need total to rebuild all 6-packs on my Newell coach? 
Please advise how to proceed with the order and payment. And if it comes with some instructions or there is some guidance I can find in the forum?

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

joe,

the kits are for the hwh leveling system so are not for yours. sorry

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH