You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

exterior dimension help

now be nice to me on my question....i know there are alot of "it depends" kinda answers

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Lol as long as you can go straight back that would be good

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I pull in and back out of a 12' door, making essentially 2 90 degree turns on the way in/out. My bus barn is about 25' off the road and parallel to the road, so I have to turn in and then hard left to get lined up into the building in no more than a bus length. Much easier going in than out. I can usually just pull in. Getting out takes several swipes.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

steve m, how wide are your doors?

and i am glad i do not have 2 90 degree turns to get into it ha

tom

Unless you are backing in at night, it will be like backing into a black hole. To overcome this I put yellow & red duct tape on the floor, the length of the coach, where I want the left side of the coach. Helps line it up before you are even in the building.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

as to making it bigger, not really possible. i have followed the two main rules of building a shop.

1. take as much space as you can. (i really dont have any more room)

2. make the shop bigger than the house.

andrew, what kind of lights did you use?

tom

Tom, We have 14'high 12' wide doors. In & out is easy enough. Only problem we have is length. 42'6" of coach in 43'5" usable length. I have to have Fran give me "whoaa" on cell phone when backing in. Overhead flourescent lighting works great for our garage.

Just have 4 8ft Florescent lights down the middle. It provides plenty of light when inside, but not when backing in. I painted two yellow stripes to help me line the coach up and know I'm centered where I want it.

Tom.

What ceiling height? Probably 16'? The lights down the middle over the coach are block by the coach so be sure and move so the bus doesn't block. My Bus barn/storage is 26x56 with 20x14 overhead door and the second floor storage is 26x46. I ran lights down both sides 13' from the floor. This give me good lighting when the coach is in the garage.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I've got three 14 x 14 doors. Sixteen ft walls. Plenty of room on each side to back in or drive in. My six skylights really help backing in, in the daylight. Lights are six T-8's in six fixture's.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458