You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

exterior dimension help

you guys are making me feel like 4500 sq foot shop isnt big enough. not sure i could convince darlene of that

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom I stopped by Wayne's Toy Barn today. It's 60x60 with one 14x16 ft door n one 10x 14 ft door. He keeps the Prevost + old cars. There is a truck lift, kitchen and work areas plus the upstairs.

The size you stated will be plenty of room for what you want to do. Mostly you are only going to have one coach in the barn, right? You can aways. Add on

Jimmy

We have some friends in SD that sell pole barns as a business. Bruce said in all his years in the business, the one thing he has NEVER heard is "oh no I built it too big"!

Hard to build to big. I built my barn 12 years ago and 2 years later I took the back out which added 10'. I have been in building for 55 years and have never heard of anyone making a structure smaller but I have done a lot of additions. How ever much space you think you need if possible double it. If I could add more to my barn I would keep both coaches.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

yea, only one coach unless someone shows up that needs work done.

i know bigger is better, but i am already at the threshold of what i can do. and it is way bigger than i started out with.

tom

I will be watching this thread for ideas. I am now planning an addition to my barn/shop to store my Newell and a couple of old muscle cars. My current shop started as an old barn (Probably early 1900's--it has hand hewn beams) that is 31X56. I am planning to add 16X60 on to the 31' end and 24X30 on to the 56 side across the front ending up with an L shaped addition. I would like to install floor heat if I can afford it.
One thing to consider is installing a 4 post lift when you have the ceiling height. This would allow parking one car on the lift with another below for off-season storage. I installed one in my current shop (made by Rotary). It came out of a K Mart auto service center that was closed a few years ago. I have about $1000.00 in it.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

hi dean,

i am going to do a 2 post lift. i dont care about the parking and want to be able to have easy access to tires and wheels.

and to not take up quite as much room.

i have looked for used ones and they are not common here and when you do find them, quite pricey

tom

Tom What capacity are you looking for?

Jimmy

I installed 2 two post lifts,made in USA, 9k capacity, for vehicle storage and maintenance. For heating I installed two propane 100k btu infared heaters overhead. Running just one gets the shop warm very quickly. I re-jetted them for propane from natural gas when I moved to the country.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

i will get a 10k lift. my truck weighs over 8k so want to plan on being able to lift a dually.

heaters are not a problem in az.

steve, what lift did you put in?

tom