You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

electrial

I may have misunderstood, but I understood that even on later hwh slide coaches they didn't use the pressure switches.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc,
You may be right. I'll check on that. When I replaced my front 6-pack Newell called for a 105 psi pressure switch. Maybe there has been a recent change.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I maybe wrong too,, lol but that was my understanding

Marc Newman

I spoke with Mike Ellis at Newell service and Newell has found that the pressure switch is not worth the trouble they cause. He stated I must have one of the few Newells with the pressure switch still hooked up & functioning. They are supposed to light the red low air bag pressure light on the HWH touchpad when/if you had low air bag pressure and turn on the level warning light. Apparently on the Newell system this feature doesn't function as only the level warning light gets lit--on my Country Coach this function did work and alerted me three times of an air bag problem. He further stated there is no down side to disconnecting the pressure switch wiring and could actually remove the pressure switch and plug the hole. Kudos to Marc you had it right.Big Grin The downside is that our coaches do not have the benefit of the warning that the pressure switch was supposed to provide. There is no way to correct this as the issue is within the system control unit.

NOTE: This information only applies to HWH systems on a Newell coach.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Well I got something technical right.,!! Lol .. Must be a first.. Mike is who told me the samething. Usually I don't have a clue to what I am talking about.

Marc Newman