You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell v wanderlodge maintenance?

I looked at both as well. There's no denying that the BlueBird is very stout but I prefer the aluminum construction of the Newell over BlueBird. I have never worked on a BlueBird but it appears to me that the older Newells are a bit simpler to work on. Also, for what it's worth I can call Newell and actually talk to the guys who built my 1993 Newell. As far as maintenance cost I would say there is very little difference.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

when I bought my current coach, it took less then 30 days to sell my 88. seems that both brands move quickly, if realistically priced.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

The choice should be simple... If you have many years experience and you are very mechanical then buy either, if not , buy the Newell because there is only support for DIY on the Bird and Parliament is not the answer for tech support if any serious problem occurs. Only Newell for me either way.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I've found that Newells are easier to access stuff for maintenance or repairs due to the construction. Do a search on Bluebirds for things like water heaters, faucets, water and waste tanks, and other things that might need replacing. Also Bluebirds have a lot of redundant systems which are nice until they start with problems. Bluebirds are nice coaches, and like most others here were on my short list.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forrest hoes the new grandbaby

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Doing great. She cries seldomly so mom and dad are getting some sleep.
Went with them to church this morning and she slept the entire time.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. Lots of wisdom here.