You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

STRANGE NOISE

Yup on the high winds.....we had planned to leave Wittmann today (Wednesday) but with the HIGH WIND warnings we are staying put for one more day.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Wondering if there is a solenoid for the automatic levelers under the coach!

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

as far as i know the six packs of solenoids are turned on and off during autoleleling. on mine, under the right cirucumstances, the leveling will also turn on the 110v compressor.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

NOISE FOUND;
The problem was a breaker resetting, the problem was on the passengers buddy chair the electric switch for the tilt mode was stuck in the downward position. I found it by putting my hand on the motors under the seat and sure enough it was to hot to touch. Applied some dry film silicone on all the switches hoping to avoid a recurrence.
One for the books!
Thanks for everyone's input. If nothing else besides helping to eliminate by process of elimination just knowing that there are fellow newellers willing to share in the process of solving others problems is a good thing.
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad: kudos for persistence. Stuff like that can drive you crazy and you still seem sane, that's masterful. Thanks for sharing the solution, it's definitely not one that ever occurred to me.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

hey....i kinda guessed right. i mentioned in a previous post about a self resetting dc breaker. i always carry spares of those.

glad you found it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Although I never saw the breaker unless it is built in. Once the problem was found and solved I just wanted to move on, a quick look in the area did not reveal any visible breakers but it was there somewhere. I guess the chair being bolted to the floor sent the sound through out the area like a ventriculus.
Wasn't that fun!

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

That is great news. Thanks for the feed back. A long process of elimination and your persistence found it. Never heard of this before. Always something new.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

The breaker could be in the drive motor itself.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )