You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

STRANGE NOISE

Chock your wheels release the air break pump the brak pedal to dump all the air then see if the noise goes away with all the air out of the system. Hope it helps.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

OK. Brakes have no air and coach has no air but the noise remains.
In listening It seems to be just under the front passenger seat forward as if in the bay where the air release for the generator slide and the squirrel cage is located. BUT wait! Where it has a pattern I was thinking that maybe it could be a solenoid or relay which I could verify with my Trimetric Battery Monitor. Sure enough, every time the sound appears the meter shows a 5 amp draw on and off on and off. NOW can someone tell me just what could be doing that? It is electrical for sure.
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Dude: are you sure this isn't one of those Tappet Brother quizzlers? This is beyond weird. I'm stumped.

If this was happening to me I would isolate the chassis electrical by turning off the master chassis battery switch. If the sound quits happening, then I would turn the battery back on and start pulling fuses until I found the one that stopped the noise. Hopefully that circuit is labeled so I would have some idea of what I was looking for. If the sound stayed on with the chassis battery off then the problem is on the house circuits and I would start pulling fuses there. In all this it would be important for all outside sources of 12v power to be shut off so that the batteries would be the sole source of juice.

Once we know what it is we'll smack ourselves upside the head and say: "well, that's obvious". And then go have a beer or two.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Mine has the control box for the HWH auto level in that area. Maybe in that box??? I'm assuming that it checks for level intermittently....Also, my 12 V fans for dash air/defrost is in that area.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

No HWH on this coach but Alie I think your on the right track. I have isolated it to the chassis batteries.
Pretty hot her to start to dig into things right now but slowly gaining. Maybe someone will have a good guess as to what it is. Yup a beer or two on this one.

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Circuit breaker behind kick panel resetting?

Ok si I couldn't wait. pulle all the fuses under the dash infront of the passenger seat and no difference. Don't see and circuit breakers.
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

windshield wiper motor?

Nope just tried it but they are air operated but not sure if that matters but did not work.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Does the noise come on and off with any sort of regularity.. Ie 5 minutes or 10 minutes?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701