You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alternate Jake Brake Activation

Richard, before I install the two switches and use plastic ties to put all of the wiring back, I would like to trouble you with one more question. As to switch orientation, the high/low switch will have the blue/black wire and empty spade toward the windshield, and the new DPDT will have the wire from relay 87 and the jumper towards the windshield. You may want to refer to the photo I previously posted. I think this is what you were referring to in your last post. Thanks again.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester, I think your implied question is if your suggested orientation is correct . I can't answer for the high low switch. I have already answered for the on off on switch. If you have doubts the easiest thing to do is take a short drive and test both switches for their operation. It won't take but a few tries to see which orientation is high low, and which orientation is brake or accelerator.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I want to share something I discovered which is an easy way to re-install the light or jake brake toggle switches into the side panels from underneath. I inserted a 1/4" ID rubber hose into each of the toggle switch holes from the top. I inserted the toggle part of the switchs into the hoses and simply extracted the hoses and the switchs came with the hoses.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Great idea Chester!

Great Suggestion!

It is a very tight place to get the switches in and out of. I could certainly understand your desire to get the orientation sorted out before you put them back in.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Chester: it is suggestions like yours that make this place my very favorite on the internet.

Awesome!

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed