You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

If NO Newell... What's your favorite Tool?

I'm not trying to compare the two, but Newell and Foretravel are the only two companies still in business that build their coaches form the ground up at one location.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I remember when I went to the Foretravel website for the first time. I found it confusing and hard to navigate, as a matter of fact the first time I went there I thought it was a dealer site. I was able to find the used coaches but not the new ones or the Foretravel build.

I realize that does not tell the overall quality of the coach but confusion is never a good thing. My business is database and the web where "keep it simple stupid" is supreme...

Has anyone else found the site difficult to navigate or is it just me?

Harry

Harry, you may want to consider making a trip to Nacogdoches, Texas. Motorhomes Of Texas is located just down the road from the Foretravel factory. You will find more Newells and Fortravels for sale there than anywhere else I can think of other than later models at the Newell factory in Miami, OK.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Hi Chester,

Yes I understand Motorhomes Of Texas has a good reputation in that regard and also that they are one of the few who actually know the motorhomes they sell. I also understand they are known for reasonable pricing as well.

As far as looking at Fortravels I don't think that is in my plans. Newell is my coach and thinking of another coach is just not whats in my plan. Its like so many other posts on this thread who have said there really ins't a viable alternative to Newell!

Harry

Harry
Have you looked at Wanderlodges?

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

Wanderlodge is out of biz and Parliament coach in Cleawater, florida bought the rights and blueprints. There is NO support for Bluebird products unless you know someone. Even though they built a great bus and motorhomes, I would not suggest someone new to this lifestyle buy one unless you know the systems and can fix and maintain them. Newell still offers you assistance 24/7,, Enough Said !!!

Foretravels are a different animal and built to be motorhomes. Glass coaches are noisy moving and still. Prevosts are passenger buses converted. Bluebird is out of biz....

Newell is the ONLY one built to be what it is used for...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Sometimes when someone is attempting to jump into something new and never experienced before, may tend to over analyze.. Then it tends to get confusing..especially when it turns out different that we expect.. I think some of my most fun adventures in RV'n was the ones I learned a valuable lesson the hard way .. just me...

Harry did you know that you can Rent-A-Newell..and Other Luxury Coaches.. Some folks do that first... answers those questions you would never think to ask...

http://www.allstarcoaches.com/

Jimmy

You guys have done too good of a job for me to consider another coach. Newell is the best their is and that goes for you guys lurking around the Guru as well.

I'll have the best coach and the best folks around the motorhome-world and that ain't bad!

Thank you all again, its good to know there are people around you can count on and its no small thing...

Harry

Pass the cool aid please.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

Hang on Peter,

A number of us listed birds in our response.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )