You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

If NO Newell... What's your favorite Tool?

A blue bird would definately be my second choice, or first if there was no Newells, especially one like peters, I had a tour of this coach and it is first class. As far as factory support there is none but there is a huge forum with tons of info and support for these coaches. Just like any other coach they have pretty much the same running gear and suspensions. Parts are available for them just like the others. They will be around for just as long as the rest.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Richard
My response was to post # 16. It would indicate that the only good choice is a Newell. I disagree. The big three, in my opinion, would be a Prevost, Wanderlodge, or Newell (in any order). Your President rides in a Prevost. There are pluses to all three. Prevost seem to be higher priced than Newell or Wanderlodges. Wanderlodges appear to be cheaper for a model year than Newell , and I suspect that is because the factory is closed. I think that Wanderlodges offer better value for your dollar because of that fact. If factory support is really important to you, then I suspect a Newell would be the choice.
I don't care what motor home you buy, I just think that that post was a bit over the top.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

But this is a Newell forum, so someone should expect us to be biased. Most of us considered Bluebirds, Prevosts, and Foretravels before we bought our Newells. No hard feelings meant to anyone or their choices.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

now now gurus, play nice.

we are biased towards newells, but most of us have looked at the big 5 or so or owned them before. i would have been happy in the 95 42' wanderlodge i almost bought (but i wouldnt have met most of you guys).

one thing us old timers have is a healthy respect for any well built coach.

i love my f350 and wouldnt trade my powerstroke for a dodge cummins. but the dodge 1 ton is a mightly nice truck.

the great thing is we can all have our opinions. and we all do.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I like the fact that I own a coach that is 32 years old and I still have factory support, as well as that of my many Newell friends. Larry's advice to someone entering the market for the first time was sound. It doesn't bother me even a little if someone likes Bluebirds better than Newells. That someone on this forum who owns a Newell is biased in favor of Newells would seem to be self evident to me. Some of us are a little over the top when it comes to Newells, and I'm sure, Peter, once you get to know us better you'll understand our passion is just as strong as yours.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

To be fair, Bluebirds did come with lawn chairs whereas Newells don't

That is a good point.....and to be fair, my ex brother-in-law owns a 1984 1/2 Bluebird, 36' long with tag axle. It is a very pretty coach. Also has a 6V92 like mine.....just to be clear, he is not an "EX" because of the Bluebird.....Smile

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

CC

My Bluebird Prevosts and my "Newell" came with Zip Dee chairs. The chairs are wicked expensive the coach is cheap. Lol bluebird is supported very well by parliament. I agree they are all compromises.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I looked at Prevost conversions and Bluebirds before deciding on a Newell. I would have been happy with any of the three of those.

I have attended Blue Bird rallies and traveled with friends that own Blue Birds. I also have very good friends with Marathon Prevost conversions. Good coaches, good people!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We have a set of Bluebird chairs. Got them as a house warming gift from Fran's brother who had owned birds before. Would love to get a set of "Newell" chairs to go along.