You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

dump air clyinder

As I look at it, I would say you need to remove the snap ring in pic #2. Then I would think the assembly holding "O"-rings would be driven out through the cylinder where you removed snap ring. It doesn't look like it would be removable from the other side to me.

That snap ring is 6" down into the cylinder. And if one could get the ring out there would be no way to pull O ring disc out. I is tight against the wall of the cylinder. It has to seal off air pressure when you push the dump switch. The top one was not easy pulling it 1/2". It needs to come out the bottom like the one did on top. The black plastic base looks like it might be threaded but when I turn it what it is threaded to turns also. I will keep working at it. Called Dupree but no help. Really did not know what I was talking about.

Steve or Richard have you ever taken one of these apart?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I got it off. I took a tapered reamer I have and stuck it in the hole to hold what was turning and it worked. It did have threads and it is off. I can now take off the snap rings and get the O ring disc out and replace it all with new O rings. Thanks to all for your concern.

As many of you probably already know,there are 5 O rings and grease with the kit from Dupree. 2 small rings and 3 larger ones. About $16.00 including shipping.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Was shut down on the road again with major air leak. Ready to sell again as is, where is and for any price. On remote road between Ft Mcdowell and Holbrock AZ the air went out of all airbags and coach came down on all four corners and was forced to pull off on shoulder. Had nothing working that had to have air, doors, commodes, seals and Ect. 7pm, rain and 40 miles from everything including, bad cell service. This was much worse than when I lost air 4 days earlier in a RV resort. This now become my number one bad experience. I call Newell 24/7 once again. Had Jim and Jerry both trying to talk me through the problems. They gave me some great ideals but the coach was sitting on top of tires with no way to get under. We could not get towed because the coach would not roll. We tried to run compressor and listen for air leaks. That was no go and my leak detector would not work either. My wife was inside Praying and I was walking around in circles. I was just felling for air leaks anywhere with my main focus the air dryer. The coach was so low hard to see but I felt and found a 3/8 airline with compression fitting which had backed off and creating no restriction of air flow at all so they were no noises. When it came off it did not mess threads up or do any damage to the line or fitting. I can't explain how it how it happen but I know that my Lord provided the fix. We were down for total of 3 hrs and now are in Santa Fe for 4 days and then will be going to Newell for complete inspection of the air system. Thanks again to Newell personnel who are the greatest

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

That's a lonesome stretch for sure.. Glad you found the cure.. Now to kick out that Gremlin!!

Jimmy

ron, where are you. i can be there in a couple of hours with cash

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Leave a powdered doughnut on the ground behind coach to bait the Gremlin out just before you leave. Then drive off leaving the Gremlin there with it's doughnut. Works almost every time!

Ron, what a great story! Sometimes there is no other explanation than divine intervention.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I like the doughnut idea...will it work with a bite or two out of it?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch