You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Turbo problems

Ron: I know the feeling. I've "sold" mine several times. These are really complex machines which makes troubleshooting really tough at times. The only salvation is The Factory and groups like this that really do want to help.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thanks GOD for the Factory support I am a happy camper again. I talk to Tommy and found out how to shut all air off to seals. He thought I had blown a slide seal. Made an appointment at the factory sept 2 for seal replacement and for new CAC and RAD replacement. I have found a line had blown off on a slide. New air fitting and the air problem is fix. I have found small leak in the CAC and problably will go ahead and replace both CAC and RAD. I would have hated to have not had someone to call. I guess when every I get frustrated enough to sell I problably will be out of this life style. As long as Newell handle their customer with the 24/7 factory support I will only have a Newell. When Newell goes I go.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

glad you got it fixed ron. i was going to trade you straight up for my pirate golf cart. i guess i should have proposed the trade last nite....

you going to come over?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Ron: would you mind sharing the location of the shut-off in case others need it.

Ron: I'm very glad you are no longer stranded.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

it sure seems like these radiators and CAC's should last longer than what they do. many have had to have them fixed or replaced. what is the deal you think?

tom

The deal is they are hard mounted to the frame, and never intended to be structural member. Hard mounted to frame causes them to flex if the frame flexes back there.

What would cause the rear frame behind the wheels to flex, you ask. Heavy bottoming out on the hitch, dragging the hitch or skid plates sideways, or heavy towing. Before anyone gets their dander up, the coach should handle that. The problem is the radiator should not be hard mounted. We need to put our guru heads together and come up with a floating mount system. If you look at your cars or any big truck, the radiator is NOT hard mounted. They have rubber isolators of some sort between them and the frame.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mine is in the small bay behind the tag passenger side. It is where the slide controls are located. It turn 1/4 turn which turn the air off. The valve control the two rear slides. It was a push plug fitting which blew apart. The CAC is a very small leak which could cause the fault codes. The performance and power is still good most of the time. I have only had the code and ck engine lights to come on 2 times for total 300 miles. I have driven another 10K miles with no problem. When I had the CAC problems with the 96 it never clear up until I change the CAC. On the 96 first time I remove and had patch. Second time had a new cord installed. Third time install a new CAC. 4 months later install new RAD.
This time If CAC or RAD goes bad I will install both new at the same time.
Tom
Will ride the G/W up to see you one day will call first. Thanks.
Richard
How about coming up with something quick. I am going to probably get new CAC & RAD first of Sept. I agree with you we have too many problems. I may wait if you come up with improvements.

Can you get to CAC leak & patch with JB Weld for temporary fix?

Think I may try that can't hurt anything. I can see the leak with the engine on fast idle and spray soapy water on it. What about that stuff advertise on tv to patch gutter boats and leak that in a spray can?

DON"T use that stuff you see on tv. if you actually read reviews about it then you will see it does not work.

and yes, we should figure out some way. problem is how heavy those monsters are. and its non trivial to get at them. (well, not if you are skinny like richard is).

tom