You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Yanmar fuel help

solenoid is off and hooked direct to battery and is staying in.
there were three wires connected to one side of the solenoid, all are white
there is a yellow one hooked to the other leg of the solenoid and it goes to the fire extinguisher
the other wire to the fire extinguisher goes into a red crimp which is also crimped to a white wire and all go into a loom
will try to send pict

Be careful ....because the three wires I'm trying to get you to identify have different functions and leaving the wrong one connected can burn up the solenoid.

First,  you need to know the color of the wires of the solenoid only currently.  As previously explained in the post there  are three:
BLACK= GROUND
RED = HOLD IN
WHITE= PULL IN  Leaving this connected will burn up the solenoid.

THESE ARE WIRE COLORS OF THE SOLENOID NOT WIRING HARNESS WIRES BY KOHLER.  Let's work only on the solenoid colors for now

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

(10-09-2014, 02:31 PM)bestgenman Wrote:  If your solenoid has three wires, red/black/white, the black & red are the hold in coil.  The white is the pull in coil.  If you can, look for voltage on the red & black while the plunger is depressed and engine running.  even a test light will work.  If no voltage then follow the "fire extinguisher" safety.  They interrupt the negative to the coil with a pressure switch on the extinguisher which will be open when depleted.  As mentioned, sometimes there is a bad connection to that loop.  Newell used a four pin trailer connector on most.

If you have voltage then it is your solenoid,  I keep them in stock and can UPS red one if you like.

Hope this helps and not too late.

Gordon,
I think I may need a solenoid, my gen runs fine when I push in the plunger. I went through the "Fire ext. test" with Newell over the phone and the said I need one. What can I get one for? Mine is coach 406, 1996 Newell, 20 kw gen. Thanks!
Cell# 727 510 6345 -  call if you can.

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue