You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH Series 680 leveler problem

I tried what Richard told me to do. I unhooked the ribbon. No change, I then shut off all the batt. the shore power. No change. I keep looking in the basement bin under the driver seat, I can't tell if the yellow and red bulbs are lighting up or now. I will wait till the sun goes down and check it then. Any ideas if the lights don't come on.
On Larry's question about the red button on the dash, I have one but it is a DIFF LOCK, it don't do anything for the HWH leveling. I did find the level sensing unit, it's in the bay just to the rear of the mid entry door. I'm still looking.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

It's after dark, and I checked the lights for the HWH in the front bay. I had to use a flashlight to see them.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Does not the low level of lights suggest a ground problem? Just guessing.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester you may be right, but there are about 400 wires in that bin and I don't know what a ground wire looks like. I need a good lesson. I do have an amp peter. I just printed off the manual Steve Bare posted it's for the complete leveling system. I will read and study it, then check the ground connections.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Bob,

Can you give us an update? I personally don't know what else to suggest, but we are interested in the progress.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Well Richard I'm lost here, I moved the rig today from one space to another. I was able to get the tag to move down and that gave enough lift to get me over the high spots. Are the little yellow and red lights in the HWH box in the bin under the drivers seat always on or only if the key is on, it's in N, and the brake is on. Mine are not on ever. I have a buddy coming in on the 3rd. if he can't help, he has a phone number of a good repairman here in Vegas who will come to the park to work on the rig. I keep thinking it's not reading that the key is on or the brake is on.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Thanks Bob,

I am totally confused by your post and the conversation we had. I thought you told me the coach would go into travel mode and the ride height was correct. I don't understand your comment about using the tag to get over the high spots.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

The travel light comes on, but I wasn't sure it was high enough to get over the little curbs with out dragging the tow bar. It's the only light that comes on and stays on.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Thanks for the clarification. Next time you go into travel mode, measure the difference between the bottom of the coach at the fender wells front and rear. You should be 11 inches or so if it is going into travel.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Bob,
When nothing works I think the tip to determine that the ground is good is the best first step. Not until ground is found to be good would I continue on. Once a good ground has been determined I would then look at the system itself.

On my Country Coach, which had a 500 series HWH system, the ride height light on the keypad would not turn green until the coach was actually at ride height.

The 680 series is different. When the key is activated my coach will light up the green travel light on the keypad whether or not the coach is actually at ride height. I have to wait until the coach rises if it was setting low. The green light does not verify ride height has been reached. The green light only means that the travel solenoids SHOULD be activated. The first step I would be taking is to determine whether or not the coach is really going into travel mode and actually reaching ride height. If it actually does go to ride height, I would then determine whether or not the coach can perform the auto leveling function. If not, then I would determine whether or not the leveling solenoids are being activated. If the different mode solenoids are not opening and closing, then I would look at the connection between the keypad & the "brain". If the keypad is communicating with the "brain, then I would determine whether the brain is functioning properly. I've never had to deal with your problem so I just try to set up a logical way to eliminate issues.

Good luck.........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531