You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield replacement

Newell charges $250 per windshield for install on the split version plus the cost of glass. Most States have a mandatory coverage in your insurance, so it shouldn't cost most people anything.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Checking with the insurance carrier now. On all previous policies the glass policy was stated, but not on the most recent. I have a feeling this one is coming out of my pocket. Oh well.

Larry, if the name of the place comes to you, call me 817 223 2056. I am at Buckhorn for most of the week. There are several glass shops in Kerrville.

Rudy, yep, I remember you showing me the protective strip. It definitely would have helped in this case. It is the tiniest chip that started the crack.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
It was so long ago that the receipt and or record is in our storage unit 4000 miles away and calling Progressive wouldn't help as I now am with Geico. Sorry. You may want to ask Dee (Buckhorn owner) if he is around and there is a good RV repair shop at the end of Goat Creek Extension (1st right after KOA) and he would know the glass place for sure. About a 10 minute drive max.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Thanks Larry. I will do just that. BTW, lunch at the Depot (Rails) was great. Good suggestion!

Since I didn't have anything to lose, I have attempted a repair. I used a diamond dremel bit and drilled a small hole at the end of the crack to stop the crack from growing. Squirted some glass repair resin in the hole. We will see what happens.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard, if you have 'full coverage' which includes 'Comprehensive' then you most likely have glass coverage. Many companies today offer '100%' coverage (for a small additional annual premium) meaning you pay no deductible.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

These Folks put in my Newell Windshields the second time ... You can go to them or they will come to you ... I went to the Phoenix shop..
They leveled the coach then installed the glass.. http://www.rvglassexperts.com/ Huge warehouse full of RV glass... Perfect..

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy.

Clarke, my comp has a 1k deductible. To my chagrin, I discovered that my latest policy didn't have a windshield clause like the previous 8 policies. Oh well, my bad for not reading the fine print.

I am going to see how the ghetto fix works. If not, I'll try to arrange to have it done in Fort Worth when we are there in a week.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad