You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

110V Compressor Run Time

Richard, I mentioned that I made up an isolation valve, but made it for 1/4 instead of 3/8 inch tubing. Before locating new end fittings and making another mistake, are the air fittings going into and out of the read six pack ferrule compression type fittings or something else?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

No two Newells are the same. You will just have to look and confirm the size and type of fitting. Some are 1/4 and some are 3/8. Some are push on and some are compression.

Sorry I am not any help, but I would be guessing.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mine are now compression to the regulator, 3/8 push ons to the HWH lines and 3/8 hose fittings for air in and 1/2 check valve... Run time 3 minutes from 70 to 100lbs every 157 minutes....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Thanks for the info. I will have to let all of the air out and take a few fittings loose to see what if have.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

You don't have to do that. Compression will have a nut on the top for tightening.

Push on will have a round collar where the tubing goes in.

Takes two seconds to identify.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

If these are the only two types, then it is simple because mine has nuts to tighten.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Chester,

That's good. So, on one end of the tester, you will have the female part of a compression fitting. The end you disconnect from the six pack will screw into/onto this fitting. Now on the other end of the tester, you will need to use a compression fitting to affix the tubing to the valve. Use the nut and the "olive" from the other side of the valve to put the nut and olive on the free end of the tubing.

Another way of looking at it is that one end of your tester needs to look like the end of the tubing you disconnect, the other end needs to look like the fitting on the six pack.

I hope that explanation helps. If it doesn't I'll make up what you need and post a pic.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

I am new to this site and am considering getting a Newell. I have had many motorhomes with my current being a 2000 monaco dynasty with 30000 miles.It has somewhat simpler systems like air bags. If your coach is in storage do you need to keep the coach aired up? I just let mine go down. Doesn't an air compressor running in the middle of the night wake you up? Thanks for your advice.

2000 Monaco Dynasty two slide ISC 350 Cummins sold
2017 35 foot New Horizons 2014 Volvo 630 herrin bed

You won't hear the compressor inside the bedroom..Some leave the coach air up and some dump. I change it up back and forth depending on terrain for step

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border