You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Following trucks while driving

About a year ago on I-20 I was behind a truck and another truck was passing us with a car behind it. About the time the passing truck was beside the truck in front of me his trailer wheels locked up and smoke, tire treads went everywhere, and of course he came to an abrupt halt. His air line to the trailer must have broke or come loose. Thank god he stayed in his lane when this happened, otherwise it could have been a serious wreck. It was also a tanker truck. Since then I always wait until an eighteen wheeler is well in front of me before flashing him in and never drive too close to one.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I give them a full trailer length before I courtesy "flash" them

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I don't like my wife flashing trucksSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Hi Richard,

Just got back from a trip to Florida having my first motorhome experience and I'm happy to report that all went well. Did anyone know that Florida has a little traffic this time of year? All went well and I can sure appreciate all the 18 wheeler comments, I for one give them a wide birth!

Hey Richard, how did "ol 512" hold up on your trip? Please say hi to Ronda for me...

Harry

Hi Harry,
512 did 6500 miles without major incident

It's only fair since you queried the forum for their RV experiences, that you start a new thread and tell us about your recent trip and learnings.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

What MH did you buy Harry?

Hi CC,

I didn't buy one yet! I had a maiden voyage allowing me to put a lot of theory into practical application! I started a new thread as Richard recommended that I called "Reflections of My first motorhome cruise"! I hope you'll check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Harry