You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Reflections of My first motorhome cruise

Hi Ron,

You said: "The last 2 Newell coaches I have had, have cost me 15K a year which include upgrade, maintance, and depreciation. Would be curious what other have spent from purchase to sale."

I think a lot of us would like to know that... Why don't you start a new thread asking that very question so no one will miss it?

Harry

Depreciation, after the first couple years, seems to cost about 50% every 10 years. That was true of the 77 coach and I expect it to be the same for the current coach. If I paid $100,000 I expect in 10 years to get $50,000. This assumes that the coach has been cared for during the decade of ownership. On top of depreciation I spent about 4,500 a year on the 77 for maintenance, insurance and registration.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Harry,
The differences in annual costs and depreciation for every coach could be staggering depending on so many factors and personal preferences, where and how you drive and there are always unforeseen repairs. You can't quantify these numbers to a standard and quite frankly there is no reason for what could be misinformation to others....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Hi Larry,

I agree, depreciation throws things way of the mix.

Harry

Harry,
Just think in terms of the fun technical things to learn and do on any motorhome or coach and eliminate the thoughts of costs as it will drive you crazy with the "Whit If's" .... It would be safe to say that with any vehicle and home there are annual costs, but most adhere to different schedules and where and who it's done by and that's enough to think about with $$$$.
Budgets don't work with the unknown, so I just don't have cost as part of my thinking, except when the need arises...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border