You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Reflections of My first motorhome cruise

Hi Doug,

Thats the perfect word "BLAST", I had a blast, even more than I expected and my expectations were very high!

Were you at the Tom Johnson Marion location? I had no idea they are a Newell dealer, I just looked at their list of new coaches they offer and Newell wasn't listed. Or are you saying Tom Johnson is an authorized maintenance Newell dealer?

Good to hear from you Doug,

Harry

Welcome Harry. Nice story about the drive. My wife drove our 94, 45footer for the first time one night on her way to Toronto, thru Detroit and missed the turn to the Bridge into Canada. She made a u-turn in the downtown area where the lanes are very wide. That was lucky because she was pulling our 26' trailer and was 71' long.    

Our coach is a "Corporate" coach because it was built for a Nascar owner and has a meeting room in the back rather than a bed.    

Pics for you to see. Best of luck with your search. "Unbiased" opinion: There's nothing like a Newell!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Harry

I just checked on Newell's web site and both locations of Tom Johnson are listed as service centers.

This is the press release on the dealership with them.

http://www.newellcoach.com/2012/02/22/ne...d-service/

Not sure how that is working out for both of them.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Hey Larry, I’ve heard of coaches with a meeting room instead of a master but never saw one. Thanks for the picture! Tell Melanie when I get my coach she can drive my coach anytime. That is some kind of story!

Hi Doug, I agree when you say “Not sure how that is working out for both of them.” I’ve been to their site a number of times and never saw anything about an affiliation with Newell. Maybe its more obvious when you’re there but I’m glad you passed it along! I'm starting to contact dealers who are known to handle Newell's like Motorhomes of Texas.

Harry

Harry

Good luck with your search I look forward to looking at all your prospects along the way. Thanks for including us!

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

It's my pleasure Doug,
I look forward to you guys helping me with background information on my coaches of interest. It will be good to be part of the Newell family!

Harry

Harry, 719 is a steal on a coach if you are looking for one

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Hi Marc,

I've been eyeballing that coach a bit and have read the comments shown under "Coaches for sale". The more I look at the coach the more red flags go up. Its a high mileage coach for an 05 but not a big deal as such, but I am concerned on the wear & Tare aspect.

I wish I'd have know about it when I was in Florida but I may make some calls and go down a take a look. I've been looking for a 2002/2004.

Thanks for the tip Mark,

Harry

I wouldn't worry about miles at all.... My coach has 209k on it now and I would argue its in better condition than many coaches out there with fewer miles.. I guess that's what keeping up on maintenance and enclosed storage facilities do.

I looked at the coach in fl when it was at the Marathron dealer 2 years ago. It was Harvick who had traded in on a prevost at the the. I think the coach did not have a washer/dryer and no windows in the bedroom. Had high milages but seem to be well service. The price was resonable but still out of my price range. I could live with no windows in br but my wife had to have w/d which seem to have been done now. This seem like a good deal. I think most of the miles were put on by Harvick. I think the race coaches are well care fore by the drivers who usually see that everything works.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck