You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Reflections of My first motorhome cruise

I agree high milage in many circumstances is a plus. I quantify that if all the maintenance and preventive maintenance has been done. There is far more to do on a coach that has sat with low milage and things have not been exercised. 2,3,4,500,000 miles is not much for the chassis components Newell uses. The race car guys put twice that on them. The service records are much more important in my opinion and that worth twice what you paid for it. Lol

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I agree with everything you guys said about the coach and the mileage is no problem. I know that most believe a diesel isn't even considered broken in until around 300,000 miles.

Hey Ron, Did I here you right that a washer and dryer have been added to the coach?

Harry

I think I am right. You might check with the owner now and see if he added.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I got a price to install the stacked W/D in a race coach we were interested in 5 years ago and at Newell it was $12,000 complete.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Hi Ron, Your facilities are in full working order... I checked on the coach and it does have a washer and dryer. I'm getting more information, hopefully tomorrow!

Hey Larry, I'm always happy to save 12 grand! I heard you guys talk a lot about racing coaches. Do you know why the coach has no windows in the master? I find that a little strange, not a deal breaker but strange, what do you think?

Thanks guys,

Harry

Harry, Most of the time the race coaches are parked side-by-side with other coaches or trucks at the track. Privacy trumps the ability to see outside of the bedroom.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Hi HoosierDaddy,

Ahhh that makes a lot of sense doesn't it! Privacy would be a BIG deal with a situation like that and one I'd of not thought of.

Harry

I installed blackout shade on my 96 on all windows. I probably never had the bedroom shades up. On my 04 we have black out plastic behind the shades and never see out in the bedroom. I think the 05 has windows on one side just not behind the headboard. This should be fine because it's hard to look out the window when laying in bed. We never raise the windows and always use the air or heat. The thing that I did not like on 05 was no washer dryer which seem to be corrected now plus the price was too high for me back then.

Hi Ron,

Just out of curiosity why would you want an 05 when you have an 04? Is there a significant difference between those years or did you not have the 04 at that time?

Harry

I had the 96 at that time. I would prefer the 05 over the 04 if everything else exterior and interior were the same. At the time there were 50K+ difference in
Price and the 04 had everything I wanted encluding some Yellow. I have spent 40K on the 04 and will continue putting $ in it to have what I want and need to do. The last 2 Newell coaches I have had, have cost me 15K a year which include upgrade, maintance, and depreciation. Would be curious what other have spent from purchase to sale.