You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Awnings!

I had Zipdee on my '93 and hardly ever extended it especially if there was any chance of gusty winds. Too difficult to retract in gusts.
My '98 has the Girard and we use it very often. So nice to open it fully or just partially and not worry about the wind gusts with the auto-retract feature.
It does come down to the cost difference but to me I would pay it for the convenience since it would get used more often.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Steve, go to my gallery if you can. There is one pic in there of the 95 showing the awning mount. It's not a closeup, but you might be able to zoom in. I am sorry that is all I have.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, that looks like the same place that the window awnings are mounted. That also looks like the best place to mount the new awning since it should have some reinforcements.
thanks for the help guys, now on to his decision.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I should have asked about a typical length if there is one for a 1995 45' Coach. We are meeting with the installer tomorrow on a motorized 21' but not sure what make and model.
Has anyone tried the NX Upgrade?

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Elaine and I have gotten where we can take our ZipDee patio awning down in about 3 minutes in an emergency. We have also found that unless the wind gets over 20 mph we don't even bother.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I stopped by Zip Dee this summer and had them install the kit that removes the stretcher arms from the shaft of the awning and attaches the end to the top of the wall where the awning shaft is when rolled up. When stowed, the awning looks the same as before the kit install.

This Zip Dee kit keeps the release knobs down low making deploying and stowing the awning very easy and speeds up the process a bunch.

The manual awning also has a half way open position that will stand even more wind.

My 1995 window and patio awnings are still working great with almost no maintenance or repairs.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Clarke, Patti & I have done it in about 2 minutes but that was when we were in a hurry.

Rudy, could you post how long the awning is. Glad to hear about the upgrade! I am considering it.

My patio awning is 22 feet long.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

thanks! then if he goes with a 21' it should be very close