You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Worse night ever in your coach?

Here is mine...

I was at the Newell factory.  This particular night, I was parked inside of the maintenance building.  For anyone who hasn't stayed inside the building, I can tell you it is haunted.  They say that the ghost of L.K. Newell wanders around at night slamming doors and generally making a racket.  I was not looking forward to a long night of keeping one eye open.

The prospect of the long night in the building improved when Gordon @"bestgenman" invited me over for an adult beverage.  I thought to myself, the dogs have been doing well...might as well leave them out in the coach instead of their dog kennels.  

Sidebar:  Even though the Newell facility is cleaned daily there are sometimes when little fury friends (mice) find their way into the building.  Of course, they head straight to my coach.  The night before, I was watching television and saw a furry nose and two little black eyes staring at me from under the drivers chair.  I put out some of those sticky glue traps -- The ones that you peel back the paper and it uncovers the stickiest substance known to man.  Once a mouse steps on that they are forever stuck to the trap.

So....I go over to Gordon's coach.  We have a couple of drinks and tell a couple of lies and I head back to the coach.  I open the door and am met by Roro (my female boxer puppy), with a glue trap stuck to each of her front paws.  There is glue everywhere!  On Baxter (other dog), on the leather seats. On the windows....Everywhere!  I know that I can use some mineral spirits to remove the glue from the furniture, but what about the dog?

A friend tells me that baby oil will loosen the glue and not hurt the doggies.  So off to Walmart I go.  (I use a motorcycle as a TOAD and always wear a bright hi-vis jacket with armor in the shoulders).  So instead of taking the jacket off, I wear it into the Walmart.  As long as I am there I picked up some Vaseline to use on the sticky diesel fuel cap.  I take the baby oil and vaseline to the only open checkout stand....and a young gal is ringing up customers.  When she gets to me...she sees the baby oil and the vaseline and slowly raises her head to see me standing there in a bright green motorcycle jacket. She turned bright red.  I am not sure what she thought, but it was not good.  I pay for and collect my stuff and head back to the coach and could feel a stare on my back as she watched me walk out the door.

Anyway, I get back to the coach and spent the next four hours cleaning the glue off of everything in the coach. The dogs, the furniture, the windows, the walls, ...! To this day, once in a while,  I find a spot of that glue stuck to something and chuckle to myself.

L.K. Newell had a good laugh at my expense that night.  

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Worse night ever in your coach? - by folivier - 03-17-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: Worse night ever in your coach? - by Junior Guru - 03-17-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Worse night ever in your coach? - by PlazaGuy - 03-18-2016, 06:39 AM
Worst night ever thanks to L.K. Newell - by bikestuff - 03-18-2016, 07:08 AM
RE: Worse night ever in your coach? - by Junior Guru - 03-18-2016, 07:49 AM
RE: Worse night ever in your coach? - by Chester Stone - 03-18-2016, 08:10 AM
RE: Worse night ever in your coach? - by larryweikartsr - 03-18-2016, 08:23 AM