You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Independent Front Suspension Adjustments

Jeff,

The reason the ride height is so important is that if you set the toe at one ride height and change the ride height then it really changes the toe in.

I have mine an inch higher than normal to help the 365 tires clear the skirts in a turn.

I am familiar with the suspension adjustments based upon chassis measurements but in almost 20 yrs I have not seen that info for a Newell setup.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(08-31-2023, 12:33 PM)Richard Wrote:  Jeff,

The reason the ride height is so important is that if you set the toe at one ride height and change the ride height then it really changes the toe in.

I have mine an inch higher than normal to help the 365 tires clear the skirts in a turn.

I am familiar with the suspension adjustments based upon chassis measurements but in almost 20 yrs I have not seen that info for a Newell setup.

Got it, yea I had read where you mentioned the issue with the toe changing based on the ride height. 
So the biggest take away is to make sure I am at travel height before adjusting or checking the toe.
Thanks again!
I did find that I have a bit of play in my gearbox, and it appears a slight leak on the output shaft/pitman arm side. This could be an indication of a worn bearing inside.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

You can get a reman kit from Weller. It’s not a hard rebuild. The hardest part is getting the box in and out. That thing is HEAVY.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Jeff do you have a TRW or a Sherman box? If you have a Sherman box I have the puller to remove the pitman arm I don't mind lending to you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(08-31-2023, 07:30 PM)Richard Wrote:  You can get a reman kit from Weller. It’s not a hard rebuild. The hardest part is getting the box in and out. That thing is HEAVY.

Yea, I was reading through your thread of identifying your box and about rebuilding it. Does the kit come with new bearings?

(09-01-2023, 03:33 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Jeff do you have a TRW or a Sherman box? If you have a Sherman box I have the puller to remove the pitman arm I don't mind lending to you.

Appreciate the offer Jack, this is a TRW box. I am wondering about even getting a puller in there where the pitman arm is located, I am sure Richard can speak to this since he has had his off. It seems kinda a tight spot. I was just trying to look up there to see the centering marks on the output shaft and it was hard to get a good angle where you can see.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)