You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH leveling

On my 93 coach I've found the level sensor to have a rather large dead band, but like the OP I have a sense that its sensitivity decreases over time when parked. Since I can go 7-10 days without any need to level (longer in warm weather) I don't leave the auto level feature on. Since I rarely use the air doors and such, and have a manual toilet, I usually just turn the 120v air compressor off until I need to relevel.

If the coach continues to remain level in the travel mode you implemented in the note above, then I can't imagine how mechanical leaks are the source of your problem. Whether in the off mode or auto mode, all the potential leakage points that would drop any airbags are identical. That isn't to say you don't have leaks but I'm guessing they would be small.

Question: when the coach dropped 6" in the auto mode, what was the air pressure in the service or supply tank. If the pressure in that tank isn't maintained when in the auto mode then air could flow out of the airbags through the open "raise" solenoids and back into the supply tank as the auto mode attempts to raise the front which would further drop the front.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Success on the leveling issue. After many hours of locating leaks and fixing bad push in 1/4 inch lines with new sleeve and furrel brass elbows my problem is fixed. I had three bad lines entering my front six pack under the drivers front headlight. The issue had nothing to do with the HWH. The front end of the coach was dropping up to 5 inchs in a 24 hour period. When I checked lines with soap and water over the last week with no problems showing. Finally yesterday when I crawled under front corner of coach I accually could hear air escaping. Once I bent lines sideways the air rushed out. I started coach, raised to max then blocked and fixed. Problem solved. Coach leveled and has stayed now for 18 hours without movement. With the six pack issue and some other air leaks that were attended the 110 volt comp now holds for 1 hour and 20 minutes between cycles then runs for just over 2 minutes to build pressure to max. Thanks all for your input. Mike. I have one other issue that I will be posting under repairs. Thanks everyone Smile