You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No pressure on Tag axle

brad, if you have time, please stop at our place in wittmann on the way to yuma. we have 2 full hookup 50a spots next to our shop and would love to see you guys.

tom and darlene

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom but we are on a schedule and have to be in Yuma Thursday.
Maybe in the spring on our way north.
If things change I will let you know.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad,

Glad it's working for you.

Michael helped me figure out the tag sixpack works, and it's pretty interesting. Well at least to a recovering engineer.

If you look at the supply line to the DRIVE sixpack, you will see a solenoid valve and air line leading to the top of the TAG sixpack.
That line will supply pressure to the TAG manifold at whatever the supply pressure is. But the passageway leads straight out the bottom of the manifold and feeds the pressure regulator for the TAG pressure. The output for the pressure regulator then feeds into the manifold outlet where the HCV would normally feed. The vertical passageway for the far right side MUST be drilled all the way through for the outlet pressure to reach both sides of the tag when the travel solenoids are open.

Now it gets a little tricky. When in level mode, air at the supply pressure will reach the tags if the up solenoids are energized. BUT, if the down solenoids do not energize on Micheal's coach if the down button is pressed. The TAG switch to release pressure on the tags must be in the release position for the down solenoids to work. In addition the down switch on the dash causes the solenoid valve on the supply line to close, cutting off supply pressure to the tag manifold.

You'll have to study the picture with this explanation for it to make sense. I hope this helps you in the future with diagnosing problems with this setup.

Mucho gracias to Mr. Day for taking pictures, activating switches, and helping me vet the logic.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for your input Richard.
We are now at our winter spot, got into position and by end of day all air was lost, empty, nada.
Started the engine for quick air up and lost all air again in a few hours.
Also noticed with the 110 volt compressor I had a water separator installed and once in a while I push the drain button and when i did that here a substance that looked like oil came out. Hmmmmm. Talked to a guy that had similar situation with a compressor and he thinks it's in the cylinder or piston sleeves degrading. I rebuilt the cylinders back in 07 and just ordered another rebuild kit. When it rains it pours. I am thinking there must be some debris in the air system wher it seemed to fix itself now back to leaking.

Will deal with it in due time.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad. My 115v compressor is oilless. Does yours have crankcase oil?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

My compressor is oilless.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.