You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I see my old Classic is for sale

My problem is unless I have flexible carpet or leave the hinge exposed it will bind. Moving the pivot point towards the riser might work. Maybe a removable tread?
My apologies, I don't intend on highjacking this tread!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Removable tred with a lip that extends down to cover hinge. Put in some pins to hold it from sliding out when stepping on it. Just have to pull it up when you need to get into the "wine cellar".

(06-24-2014, 08:16 PM)Rjbjfire Wrote:  I just bought a 1974 35 foot Coach, is it your old one? I'm looking for information on it if it is. Love it and we are getting ready to restore it.

Thanks,
Roy...

Just had a nice conversation with the New owner of my ole' 74.. They are excited and will fit well within the group.. He is well on the way to get it back up to speed ....Planning trip this weekend...
He has already learned How Special the Newell is..
I'm sure he'll keep us posted!

Jimmy

i looked at that coach before jimmy bought it. jimmy went through that entire coach mechanically and the interior. if i recall, new suspension, new airbags, alignment, etc. and the last owner put new wheels and tires on it.

jimmy used to refurbish/build custom jet airplanes and is a true craftsman. you got a great coach

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Big GrinCongratulations on the purchase I am sure you will love it. You also stumbled across some nice people here and will make ownership of it that much better.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

My wife and I were afraid when we purchased the Coach we would never have any type of back story or history on the Coach. The response from those of you associated with it has been awesome. We have been discussing going on the Newell get together next year. Is there a tread for it yet?

We bought it on a whim and I never thought my wife would love it as much as I do. With the info provided by you I have a good idea of what is needed and what priority things need to be repaired. I have had a Winnebago and a Sports Coach that were much newer but I love the look of this one.

I am going to clean up the exterior tomorrow and wondered if any of you had any suggestions. I was going to give it a good scrubbing, cleaner wax then a good hard shell wax.

Retro I have the same hinge step on my 84. Ernie talked me thru a covering using treads that allows me to use the storage as well. I will send you some pics.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

"We have been discussing going on the Newell get together next year. Is there a tread for it yet?"

We look forward to meeting you at our next rally. No plans have been made yet, but a prominent posting will be made in plenty of time prior I'm sure.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

for sure and darlene and i will be there with bells on

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH