You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Coach Insurance

(09-08-2023, 03:30 PM)BusNit Wrote:  AZ used to be fairly inexpensive for insurance. Too many non-insured and thefts going across the border means the honest and no claims on record guys like us, get to pay for the rest.

I still haven't received the quote from the local insurer who I know uses Progressive as well.
Simon,
I have an agreed value policy thru Progressive.  $1291 per year, liability, $1M, $1M, $500K Property Damage.  $250 Deduc. with $0 Windshield.  $10K Medical.  $60K Agreed value with their puny roadside Assistance.  I will supplement with a Coachnet policy.  1995 Newell that is ready for a windshield already. My bad.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

Karl, what state are you in? The local insurer came back with a $1387 quote but its not agreed value. They would want to have an appraisal done. It covers "up" to 100k right now. We have about 150k in this coach from purchase to renovations to upgrades. Crazy, I know. (It will be at that mark once exterior paint gets done) They tell me the check would be for market value of a 1993 newell which if I had to guess would be around 25-35k for a loss. Not good enough but I have to take it for now. This is 300, 300, 500 with 1k deductible. Glass coverage would be part of the deductible unless I want to add another $147 a year. 10k medical. (Also Progressive) We have stellar credit and never had any claims in our lifetimes. I think they try to get as much money from whoever they can.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(09-11-2023, 02:52 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Karl, what state are you in? The local insurer came back with a $1387 quote but its not agreed value. They would want to have an appraisal done. It covers "up" to 100k right now. We have about 150k in this coach from purchase to renovations to upgrades. Crazy, I know. (It will be at that mark once exterior paint gets done) They tell me the check would be for market value of a 1993 newell which if I had to guess would be around 25-35k for a loss. Not good enough but I have to take it for now. This is 300, 300, 500 with 1k deductible. Glass coverage would be part of the deductible unless I want to add another $147 a year. 10k medical. (Also Progressive) We have stellar credit and never had any claims in our lifetimes. I think they try to get as much money from whoever they can.

North Carolina, no claims here either.  Maybe try an agreed value somewhere in the middle.  $1387 sounds to expensive for market value, but your agreed value number for $100K seemed fair.  Maybe change it to $70K, your premium may be close to $1500, only $100 dollars more but 3 times coach value.  

Try my guy, Clark Harrell  704-945-2308  He works for Hilb Group

I am not sure if he can write in your area, but worth a try.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385

Thanks Karl. The issue I have is the agreed value quote I got from Thum insurance says they have to write a policy in Montana since I have the registration there. (Now it's $2300 Vs $1787) The local guy without the agreed value says no problem with AZ insurance as long as we have the Montana llc included in the verbiage. That one is insured up to 100k but not agreed value. I hate dealing with this. I still want to keep it at 100k minimum for agreed value since there have been a few fires and losses lately. I have too much invested in mine and it would suck for them to cut me a 20k check. I lose alot in life yet I am willing to pay within reason.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(09-11-2023, 05:03 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Thanks Karl. The issue I have is the agreed value quote I got from Thum insurance says they have to write a policy in Montana since I have the registration there. (Now it's $2300 Vs $1787) The local guy without the agreed value says no problem with AZ insurance as long as we have the Montana llc included in the verbiage. That one is insured up to 100k but not agreed value. I hate dealing with this. I still want to keep it at 100k minimum for agreed value since there have been a few fires and losses lately. I have too much invested in mine and it would suck for them to cut me a 20k check. I lose alot in life yet I am willing to pay within reason.

I guess I am not sure what up to $100K means.  Market value is market value.  You may have done alot of upgrades, but evey year you own the coach they depreciate at an alarming rate in the insurance companies eyes.  Inverter and battery/solar systems are outdated in a year or two.  Hoses, undercarriage cleaning and painting may be seen as maintenence.  I am not privi to all of your upgrades, nor am I an insurance expert, but when you have an aged asset that does not have alot of sales history, coming up with a market value could be a shot in the dark.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385

Agreed value would cover me for my losses at which would be 100k whereas "market value" up to 100k leaves me at the mercy of the insurance provider and the fact 1993's in their eyes are just an old camper with no value. hence the low payoff. I had a TR6 British car insured to 80k agreed value. Premiums never went up but I was covered in the full amount if a total loss were to be claimed.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon, my small mind somehow got stuck on that you where taking the market value policy.  Clearly you are not and apologize for the long winded replies.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385

No worries Karl! Your mind is not small. It's probably me. Being a former NY'er we speak in a different language and tone and sometimes have to throw alot of words at something while still leave the other party confused! It's what we do! LOL. I did in fact end up going with the market value policy and will switch it around once I get the coach painted. After it's painted they will send an appraiser on my dime to justify "Agreed" value at 100k which is still less than we have in this but it's better than nothing.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312