You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hmmmmmmmm

Maybe another way of looking at it is slow down and enjoy the search. The coaches are not plentiful. Find the one that has the layout and mechanical condition that you like, then act quickly. Cosmetics on the interior are relatively easy and inexpensive to change. You already own a classic coach so you should be well informed on the upkeep on a rig.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I hope to look at one in person in 2 weeks. I don’t think it’s the one I want but will give me an idea .

Today i drove over Mackinac Bridge. That was fun

My 10 day trip has ended.
1350 miles traveled and 150 gallons of fuel consumed.
Wonder if a newell can take these gravel roads

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i love that you have so much clearance under the wanderlodge. alot of our newells are very very low in the back. and low but not quite as low elsewhere.

pretty bus

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My 10 day trip has ended.
1350 miles traveled and 150 gallons of fuel consumed.
Wonder if a newell can take these gravel roads

@yeayeaatyou my Newell should be able to do that if I ever get it running again. I've driven it over roads far worse than what's in your picture. You'll have to check with current owners of non-slide coaches with DD Series 60s to see if you can expect 9 mpg though.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

One vulnerable point is the exhaust pipe for the aquahot. And it's about in the middle between front/rear axles so could be a problem. Also it's possible to crunch the front corners in a dip or hole. The classics tend to have more clearance than later models.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Wonder if I can weld a skid plate on that. I have one on my genny now so the exhaust doesn’t get damaged.

My current bus has a super short wheel base and no Air bags. Would
Be interesting to get some measurements.

@"yeayeaatou" I'm not sure when Newell started it, but my generator exhausts through the roof and doesn't need a skid plate to protect the exhaust. I've also got an 8 airbag suspension that I can adjust to give additional clearance if I need to. Right now I can use the mechanical leveling system to raise the coach to traverse roads if necessary.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

9 miles per gallon is amazing. It's safe to say that none of us get that kind of mileage unless we are going down hill . Our 1984 , 2 stroke get's a little over of half that.  Nice looking Wanderlodge.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59