You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6/10 to 8/17 Western Trip Log

JD,

I want to thank you for the thread. The forum just doesn’t get much traffic from owners of late model coaches. On the surface that may not seem to be an issue. But eventually those rigs will need care and feeding like the older rigs that most of us own. When a hands on owner posts, then you start the data base build for the new stuff.

These are marvelous pieces of machinery, and as demonstrated can stay on the road actively for 40 yrs or more. As they age, they require TLC. As they age, the experience base at the mothership diminishes putting the owner more and more responsible for the TLC. Hence my appreciation to you and others who take the time to post solutions to problems.

Not knocking a popular social media site with a Newell or two page, but the difference for me is ability to search on a subject as opposed to posting an issue and the answer depends on who sees the other site that day.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Well today I am laughing!! About 150 miles into our 250 mile journey I was getting a high voltage warning on the chassis batteries. I had the generator running and an A/C purring away so I shut that down with no change. I could tell it is RMP related, got worse when climbing or on the jake brake. Figured the alternator as it would push 15 volts. Pull over and called the mother Newell. Rick was very helpful. We think it is an "exciter" wire from the alternator, supposed to be and inline fuse but was unable to locate. Limped into the KOA in Beaver, called Rick again and we decided to pull the suspect wire/circuit off the alternator. Stay tuned, going to make Vegas tomorrow, hoping not by way of a cummins shop. Punch list is now 30 items, looking forward to getting this beautiful coach sorted!

2023 Newell #1746
21 Bronco w/ Airforce One

JD and Kathy

We made to Vegas with the disconnected "exciter" wire without any problems! Its my birthday, we are going in for a nice dinner. Tomorrow is back to storage at NIRVC phx. Labor day weekend is a two day blast to the mothership for punch list and then to the rally in Oct. Wahoo!

JD

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

We are back in the valley of the oven! Coach is safely stored at NIRVC.

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy