You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6/10 to 8/17 Western Trip Log

Sand Diego to St George UT,  long day, lots of traffic, and some slow miles.  The coach preformed flawlessly in some very difficult conditions including major wind gusts though the Virgin River Gorge.  We arrived in our overnight in a raging storm.   But if you ever wonder why we do this crazy thing look at the attached pictures.  

Off to Heber in the morning!

JD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2023 Newell #1746
21 Bronco w/ Airforce One

JD and Kathy

Wow!! That's pretty sweet!! Yep, that's what its all about.....and the friends you make along the way.

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

very cool pictures

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(06-15-2023, 07:44 PM)1746 Wrote:  Sand Diego to St George UT,  long day, lots of traffic, and some slow miles.  The coach preformed flawlessly in some very difficult conditions including major wind gusts though the Virgin River Gorge.  We arrived in our overnight in a raging storm.   But if you ever wonder why we do this crazy thing look at the attached pictures.  

Off to Heber in the morning!

JD

NICE!!

We enjoy that Southern Utah RV Resort!
And, remember, it's just 10 minutes from PDI!

Trust that #1746, she's a heavy and stable rig in the worst conditions!

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Steve

PDI is on the list! I have not weighed it yet and I am usually crazy about getting it corner weighed, which NIRVC does for free for storage customers. It is certainly pokey up the hills compared to our London Aire. I am going to run across some scales at a Loves during this trip to at least get axel weights. That being said the ride quality and decibel level is honestly unbelievable. I am running the recommended 120/115/90, ride seems fine. Need to get the upper end of TPMS adjusted as I am triggering high pressure warnings.

I was at Newell when Mark Martin was picking up his new coach. Suspect he is on his way to PDI.

We arrived at Mountain Valley, nice park! We are in the 2nd phase, over 21 area. Looking forward to the week. Will post a few pic tomorrow

Oh had a regen during the trip, all seemed to goi well.

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

Lovely lunch in Park City!

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

Here are a few images from our time in Heber City.   We are now in Bear Lake and going to venture into Logan for the day.

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

Departed Garden City and Bear lake yesterday and arrived in Mountain Home ID. Bear lake was worth the visit but we allocated too much time there, two or 3 nights would have been fine. Fueled at Love's for 3.65 using TSD card in ID. Park in Mountain Home is very nice, we are now here for 3 nights. Yesterday afternoon was for tinkering, replaced the air switch for the disposal, fixed the lower latch in the refrigerator, upgraded the wifi router modem to 5g. Today I am going to wash the coach and get the oil changed in the Bronco.

JD

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

Those pictures are fantastic, thanks for sharing.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Beautiful pictures...we need to go there.
The last picture tells a good story...woof!

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile