You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6/10 to 8/17 Western Trip Log

Richard

Thanks for the reply, I am surprised there is not a bypass so everything works when on shore power or on the gen. It would seem like a good back up. I am pretty comfortable with working on it but I think we have it cobbled together pretty well right now so will probably leave well enough alone.

We are dry, not sleeping on the ground, have a hot shower, fridg etc. We can live with out a microwave and dishwasher.

JD

2023 Newell #1746
21 Bronco w/ Airforce One

JD and Kathy

I learn every time we drive somewhere, sorry you have problems but I've come to the understanding anything with complex systems sooner or later something will fail. The good part is your savvy enough to understand and willing to tackle them plus your in a great place for information that been said you have possibly the newest coach here so you might make a good guinea pig.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Good! I misunderstood I thought you didnt have a fridge

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Has anyone been on I40 eastbound Flagstaff to ABQ recently. It was really bad after the winter. I am deciding on 1
i40 vs i10 back to Miami over Labor Day Weekend. I would prefer the i40 as it is quicker and bit easier is road conditions are passable.

JD

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

(08-07-2023, 08:50 AM)1746 Wrote:  Has anyone been on I40 eastbound Flagstaff to ABQ recently.  It was really bad after the winter.  I am deciding on 1
i40 vs i10 back to Miami over Labor Day Weekend.  I would prefer the i40 as it is quicker and bit easier is road conditions are passable.

JD

I know of 2 who've taken it in the last couple months and...more than ever...it's HORRIFIC and will beat the crap out of your coach and teeth!! There IS NO good lane...and if you DO stay in the #1 lane, be prepared to be flashed (lights, not a bare body LOL), honked, and flipped off.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Not sure about east bound but west bound last week from Gallup in the slow lane was terrible from truck traffic. We moved over to the passing lane many times as did the big rigs. Will be going east next week.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Steve

Thank you, I will head south to the I10 and then take the 70 to 54 up to I40 to avoid the mess that is the AZDOT.

Generally I take being flipped off as an honor, most recently in Yellowstone doing the speed limit or 45 in the Bronco. Some people are just happier being unhappy.

JD

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

James,

I posted a response/answer to your inverter issues. I don’t want “problems” to muddy this thread which is supposed to be about your trip…not that problems don’t “add spice” to your trip. It’s just that…in the future…it’ll make it near impossible for others to circle back and find/search for valuable information.

So, I’ll keep the details on that other post of your’s. Just wanted others to know.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Well the trip is coming to an end. We are currently in Tremonton UT at the new Aspen Grove RV park, btw nice place if you are in the area.

Thank you all for your kind comments an support along the way. We certainly had some issues with the coach and I am very thankful for the board, the Newell 24 hr service line, the service department and a set of tools. I am taking the coach back to the mothership for the rather lengthy punch list over Labor Day weekend and plan to pick it up prior to the Oct rally.

Big items were:
Inverter failure, possibly pass though relay/solenoid . Issue to led to all sorts of connected issues.
Wineguard control box failure, caused required removal of dish to get under way.
Slide 1 and 4 are out of alignment, to be adjusted.
The rest on the punch list I will chalk up to a few covid issues and the coach really never having a proper first year of ownership.

With all of the above, we are still extremely happy with 1746 and with Newell. Its so refreshing to see the build quality when you start looking under the sheets. I could go on about the "value" over the London Aire but you all know.

We are looking forward to getting it through it first year of fixes.

Next summer we are planning on OR, Canada, MT WY. Several smaller trips in between.

Thanks again for reading.

JD

2023 Newell #1746

JD and Kathy

(08-07-2023, 08:50 AM)1746 Wrote:  Has anyone been on I40 eastbound Flagstaff to ABQ recently.  It was really bad after the winter.  I am deciding on 1
i40 vs i10 back to Miami over Labor Day Weekend.  I would prefer the i40 as it is quicker and bit easier is road conditions are passable.

JD

I usually take 60 from Show Low, AZ to Socorro, NM, Vaughn then either Santa Rosa to I40 or 60 to Amarillo.  It's mostly a good road and scenic.  Holbrook would be the exit from I40 to 60.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling