You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Portable Generators

I may pick up the Honda EU2200i companion but it is said that Amazon will have a deal on it during their July 11th prime day. The $499 generator looks like a very good deal for the capacity it provides. I had bought a harbor freight portable inverter generator which seemed to work when I tested it before our trip. It started on one pull, was quiet and produced power to run my 1500 watt test heater. On the trip when our main generator didn't start, I took out the new HF unit and it was a pain to start. When it did run, it produced no power. I should have known better as it was the last box in the store that was re-taped shut and oil stained. Oh well. I learned my lesson on something needed for emergencies and cleared out my bank account for the Honda. I have put it through it's paces and she just runs so nice and smooth. Having said all that, if you need a generator for not a life threatening emergency, I would be all over the second unit for the price and capacity. I believe Amazon had the dual fuel Champion 2200 watt generator on sale for $414 last week which was also a steal. Personally, I like 78% and above ratings on anything I buy from there.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312