You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1996 Newell

Have issue with air bags not inflating.compressor works and mechanic states that it could be a stuck PPV valve? But he can’t get to it because it’s located on the inside of the frame rail and they don’t have a pit. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know of a good Newell certified mechanic they could recommend in the Chicago area?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Ole

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

A number of suggestions have been made to the mechanic.

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=7431

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=7439

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(07-06-2023, 01:09 PM)Richard Wrote:  A number of suggestions have been made to the mechanic.

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=7431

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=7439

Sounds like I'll be ordering the PPV and try to get someone to install. Thanks Richard!

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

Pay particular attention to the previous comments on providing air to the six pack manifold to raise the coach so you can drive it around.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

(07-07-2023, 09:34 AM)Richard Wrote:  Pay particular attention to the previous comments on providing air to the six pack manifold to raise the coach so you can drive it around.

Thanks again. On another note I just got off the phone with Newell and they quoted me $999/airbag. I hope I don’t need all 8. Wow

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

I doubt seriously you have an airbag issue based on the info in the posts by your mechanic.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

So we can't get under the coach to send a picture to Newell so that they can match the PPV (Pressure Protection Valve) and send us one. Its for a 96 Newell. Does anyone have the ability to send us a picture of theirs? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

I don’t know what size fellers you guys may be, but I routinely slide between the tag and drive tires to access the underside of the coach. You can even sit up once under there. I am just saying that you probably can access the PPV valve with the coach down.

Frankly, I am perplexed as to why you do not provide air to the six pack manifold as suggested in my previous posts to raise the rear of the coach.

And the PPV is not a Newell part. Any decent truck parts place or even NAPA can get one for you.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

(07-08-2023, 09:22 AM)Richard Wrote:  I don’t know what size fellers you guys may be, but I routinely slide between the tag and drive tires to access the underside of the coach. You can even sit up once under there. I am just saying that you probably can access the PPV valve with the coach down.

Frankly, I am perplexed as to why you do not provide air to the six pack manifold as suggested in my previous posts to raise the rear of the coach.

And the PPV is not a Newell part. Any decent truck parts place or even NAPA can get one for you.
 I should fit once I get there I'll try to do that. The mechanic says they tried shop air and it wouldn't air up. I'm travelling there next Monday and I'll try to figure it out. Thanks Richard

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

I am not sure if your mechanic has tried the suggestion of airing up the six pack manifold.

He did report that putting shop air to the quick disconnect port in the rear did not air the coach OR show air pressure on the supply gauge. That was one of the clues that the PPV is stuck.

We are all willing to help. Please keep in mind that the armchair quarterbacks are no better than the detailed information provided.

I appreciate the pickle you are in. The coach will not raise, and hence will not travel. You can help yourself tremendously by reading the first few pages of the HWH manual linked in the related posts on this subject and taking the time to watch the videos on the air system. This knowledge will help you as you troubleshoot the issue. Even if you find a tech willing to travel to the coach, the likelihood of them knowing the Newell air system is very slim. The point is you may need the knowledge on the air system to point them in the correct direction.

Have you read the two posts that your mechanic already made on your coach’s issue? Also keep in mind that the readers/responders have not been privy to any conversations between the two of you. Again we are glad to help, but the old adage garbage in = garbage out applies. The help is no better than the info supplied.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad