You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1996 Newell

(08-10-2023, 10:48 AM)Richard Wrote:  The engine protection systems will also shut the engine down if NO oil pressure or High coolant temps. You might want to check the connections on the oil sensor and coolant sensor.

You should have a manual for the Kohler/Yanmar gen in the packet provided by Newell. If not shout out, and we can direct you to an online manual.

Here ya go.  https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=3008

Thanks Steve Bare.

Thanks again Richard. I will check those.

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

Can anyone help with wire coloring? The fuel Solenoid has three wires, Red, black and white. I'm  trying to figure out which color wires these three wires are supposed to be connected to.

The two blue wires are the fire suppressant system wires, but I don't know what they are supposed to connect to.

Thank you.

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?t...D+solenoid

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(08-11-2023, 03:11 PM)Richard Wrote:  https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?t...D+solenoid

So In order to bypass the fire supressant system, I need to jump two of the three wires together? No one has clearly said which two of the three. Do the wires on the harness side of the connection need to be connected together as well? Please see attached pictures. I am not sure if this was wired correctly when it came to me, so Jumping them together wont do much if they are incorrect, which is why I was inquiring about wire colors. The pictures show the different color wires and their connections as well as how I bi passed them given how it was given to me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am sorry but the pics dont help me help you at all. Lets start with the fire suppression system. There is a fire extinguisher on the rear firewall. A pressure switch has been added to the fire extinguisher. If the extinguisher is low, the switch opens, and the engine wont run. Find the fire extinguisher. Measure the continuity across the switch. If it is open, jump across the switch.

Check the last link i sent you for an explanation on how the solenoid switch works. You will need to trace the wires in the loom and use a voltmeter to see if the pull in and hold in is getting 12v

Or see if you can pm bestgenman on the forum. He lives in Washington courthouse ohio. Not too far out of your way if you are in Chicago

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

See pg 7-14 of the manual for info on testing the fuel solenoid.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Good day Newell pros. I’m looking for shoes and drums for the drive axel and I unfortunately also need a new radiator as mine has a leak and is rusted ? any suggestions of where you would recommend I get these without breaking the bank would be appreciated. Thank you all

Ole
1996 Newell 45’